Complaint Review: Foto Connection

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2008

• Reported By:Port Orchard Washington
Foto Connection
P.O. Box 300425 Midwood, New York U.S.A.

Foto Connection Pushy, sent package without credit verification or consent, our bank put a cancel payment, but FotoConnection upped the amount by $.62 to get money, underhanded, DISHONEST and SNEAKY Midwood New York

*Author of original report: FotoConnection has many names and addresses, BEWARE!!!!

Saw Nikon D40 package for a great price with lots of extras, finally ordered it. A couple hours later, got a phone call from a guy trying to get me to buy a 2 hour battery for $149.00. He then continued to try and get me to "upgrade" the 3 lenses by saying the ones that come with the camera are plastic and would be hazy and unfocused. I kept telling him NO, I can't, I just want what I ordered. He also tried to get me to buy a 3 year warranty for $300+ dollars. After about 15 minutes of saying NO, he said it would come to $748.00. I asked why and was told "mandatory" insurance. I said NO again and hung up. We put a stop payment on it at the bank, but they added $.62 so that it would go through the bank. I have recieved several emails saying they need credit card verification before they can ship it. I emailed their customer service on the 28th saying to cancel the order to which I got a return email saying a representative would contact me. On the 29th, I got an email saying I have to cancel over the phone, they won't cancel via online. I called today only to be told it had been shipped, and if I didn't want it, to refuse the package at delivery. So, now we have to wait and make sure someone is home to refuse the package so we can get our money back.

Darkone36
Port Orchard, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foto-Connection/Midwood-New-York-11230/Foto-Connection-Pushy-sent-package-without-credit-verification-or-consent-our-bank-put-a-304713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foto Connection

AUTHOR: Darkone36 - (U.S.A.)

Well, after putting the stop payment on, them upping the price to get the money, and me trying to cancel the shipment, they sent it to us under a different name and address. Obviously they knew we would be looking for Foto Connection name and their Midwood,NY address, because we were going to write "Refused Delivery" on the box and sent it back with the UPS driver. They are VERY deceitful and underhanded. Now the question is: Do we legally have to send the package back since it is not from FotoConnection???? Or can we say we never got anything from FotoConnection?? Which is true, since they used the name 'GB Electronic shopping'. If anyone can help, we would really appreciate it. Our bank told my husband that it shouldn't have any effect on our dispute.