Complaint Review: FotoConnection - Photoconnection.com

• Submitted: Sat, January 24, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 24, 2009

• Reported By:Storrs Connecticut
FotoConnection - Photoconnection.com
New York, New York U.S.A.

FotoConnection - Photoconnection.com, Battery Scam and Order Rigging New York New York

Place an order for an expensive Cannon digital camera package on 1-17-09 on line from Photoconnection.com. I received a message from "Sam" at extension 2051 on 1-20-09, asking me to call back and verify the order.

I returned the call the same day at which time Sam told me the Cannon camera I had ordered came only with a 15minute battery and that for $300 he would throw in a 5 Hour battery. At first I said no thanks, I'll get a battery elsewhere. Sam then tries to sell me warranty programs, again I said no thank you.

Then he said that for $199 he would throw in the longer life battery and make sure I got the real Cannon lenses in the package versus the "Plastic Vivitar" lenses. I said I thought I was getting the Cannon lenses anyway, he said no that they were going to be the Vivatar. So I agreed to the $199.00 extra charge in which I had to sign on line a guarantee of payment.

Upon receipt of the camera the battery model provided was the only one listed in the camera's user's and is the standard battery. The lenses were Cannon and were the exact ones listed in the original package bundle, focal lengths and lens product descriptions where identical to the original offer.

I wish I had read the rip off blogs about Fotoconnection.com before I ordered. Sam and this phone scam has been pulled on a lot of people evidently.

I am interested in joining a class action suit, it appears there are plenty of you out there who would like to shut down these scum bag rip off artists.

Martin
Storrs, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FotoConnection-Photoconnectioncom/New-York-New-York/FotoConnection-Photoconnectioncom-Battery-Scam-and-Order-Rigging-New-York-New-York-415694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FotoConnection - Photoconnection.com