Complaint Review: FotoConnection

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2008

• Reported By:Odessa Texas
FotoConnection
www.FotoConnection.com , New York U.S.A.

FotoConnection Upsell and outright lying... Midway New York

I had searched the Internet today for two Canon S5-is Digital Cameras and came across FotoConnection.com.

They were rated at 4.5 stars in customer satisfaction, which no way could be true.

Within minutes of placing my order, I received an email from them instructing me to call them because there was an error with my order.

I was instructed that I had orderer two cameras and that they did not come with batteries, and there is no place that I can get them locally. They tried to sell me batteries for for the cameras at 89$ for each camera, (normal retail from canon for the batteries are only 22$).

I told him (John @ ext 2036) that I was only wanting to buy the cameras that I had ordered, for the price that I was quoted and nothing else!

He told me that the cameras did not come with batteries so they would be worthless when I got them, (which is a lie because they come with batteries, I have already bought 5 of these cameras already, and can buy the rechargable batteries locally including chargers for less them 20$)

He was RUDE, lied to me, said that if I cancelled the order that they would LIST me, and I could never order from them again, which was no problem in my book.

I was sent to a differant person when I returned their call, they were extremely rude, and threatning on the the telepohone.

Stay away from these people, they are BAD NEWS!

Rick
Odessa, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FotoConnection/New-York/FotoConnection-Upsell-and-outright-lying-Midway-New-York-314717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FotoConnection