Complaint Review: FotoConnection.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2007

• Reported By:Fresno California
FotoConnection.com
FotoConnection.com Midwood, New York U.S.A.

FotoConnection.com Misleading advertisement of camcorder with no battery included Midwood New York

*Author of original report: Fotoconnection.com

*Author of original report: Fotoconnection.com

I submitted an order for a sony camcorder DCR-SR82 with a purchase price of $568.00 including shipping and handling. Which I felt was a good price since most online stores are selling this camcorder from 500-750.00. So when I called to confirm my order they now tell me that is does not come with a battery and are going to charge me $129.00 for a 2hr battery which is standard with most camcorders and now that $568.00 camcorder with shipping and battery is going to cost me over $800.00.

Ridiculous so I tell them to cancel the order and that I am not going to pay that much I can purchase the same camera in town with a 2 hr battery for a lot less. Now they tell me they are going to charge me 15% cancellation fee for not placing the order.

I am going to refuse to pay it when my credit card bill comes and am going to report them to BBB in New York. This is unfair to the consumer and misleading advertisement had I known the camera did not come with a battery I would not have ordered it I can get camcorder anywhere with a battery at least a 2 hour battery.

Rosimeri
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FotoConnectioncom/Midwood-New-York-11230/FotoConnectioncom-Misleading-advertisement-of-camcorder-with-no-battery-included-Midwood-260357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FotoConnection.com

Fotoconnection.com

AUTHOR: Rosimeri - (U.S.A.)

I stood my ground filed complaint with BBB Fotoconnection never charged my credit card. Dont give up and let those guys at Fotoconnection win. You are right in bait and switch and we as consumers have to stand up to these sharks.

Fotoconnection.com

AUTHOR: Rosimeri - (U.S.A.)