Complaint Review: Fotoconnection

• Submitted: Thu, May 31, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 31, 2007

• Reported By:Delray Beach Florida
Fotoconnection
www.fotoconnection.com Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Fotoconnection Billing rip off, Bait and Switch, Warranty Scam, Shipping Scam Brooklyn New York

On May 24th 2007 I placed a web based order for a Nikon D40 combo package from FotoConnection. The price for the package is $579.00. After 3 days I was notified by email that my order was processed and required my approval to complete the above order.

What followed once I was able to make this connection via phone was the most nonsense pressured sale of un-wanted additional items one could imagine. I was told the package was inferior, I needed to purchase a 5 year warranty so as to receive the correct Nikon Lenses and battery.

To this I refused any additional items and instructed the sales person Sam to just send my order as I placed for the amount of $579.00. When he sent me a confirmation email approval to charge my card, after I submitted the approval I was informed my total was now $899.99.

I was furious and began the annoying process of calling this sales person back. After nearly another hour of phone tag I finally spoke to Sam once again. I again told him I did not wish to purchase this 5 year warranty and to correct my invoice to $579.00 as this was what I was buying, the advertised package for $579.00.

First Sam indicated I was making a huge mistake, I was foolish not to have this warranty and on and on. Finally after clearly making my point, he then indicated that fortunately for me by some miracle a local UPS driver just happened on a Sunday be at his location and that he had just sent my package out and as such could not and would not cancel the warranty.

Since he and I last spoke I have called numerous times and attempted to explain I did not want this warranty. Again I was informed that my purchase was shipped and could not change the order. Now here is where the real BS really gets going. Tuesday again as I continued to attempt to have this additional cost corrected and being told again NO my order was shipped YA DA YA DA YA DA, I ask for my shipping number for the package that was supposedly sent on a Sunday Second Day Air. They were unable to supply any confirmation that this order had shipped. Now it gets better.

Finally May 30, 2007 I spoke to another customer service rep who said my order was going out today next day air and that it had not in fact shipped. However again I was told I could not change my order. After speaking with the New York State Attorneys office I was informed that I have every right to change my order within the time frame I explained to them regarding this SCAM. Warranty sales are a salespersons scam to enhance their profits.

Finally it should be noted that I made at least 6 attempts to cancel/correct the sales total of my order. I also send numerous emails, however their email is on an internal form from within their site and as such I am unable to include these correspondences to further support my position. I DO NOT WANT nor DID I ORDER THIS WARRANTY.

Gregory
Delray Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2007 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fotoconnection/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/Fotoconnection-Billing-rip-off-Bait-and-Switch-Warranty-Scam-Shipping-Scam-Brooklyn-New-251360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fotoconnection