Complaint Review: Fotoconnection

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 06, 2008

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
www.fotoconnection.com , New York U.S.A.

Fotoconnection Fotoconnection: Cons using Bait and Switch Brooklyn New York

I tried to buy a Nikon D40X camera with 2 lenses for $1,074.99.

The day after the order was placed I recieved a call from a customer service person named Adam. He told me that the lens that was advertised did not have a motor in it, but he could upgrade the order and get me a motorized lens for $1323.99. I asked him if the wide angle lens that was in the package was included in the new price. He told me that the item was not a lens but a conversion kit. The lens is advertised as "Limited Edition 72mm 0.5X Pro Wide Angle Lens Panoramic." NOT as a "conversion kit."

When I began to complain about the different package, he told me he would throw in a leather bag, a UV filter, a 4-hour battery pack, and a "better tripod" all for the new price. (The old price included a bag, tripod, and battery.)

I again told him I wanted the original package with the 2 lenses. He told me the original telescopic lens was out of stock. He then told me that I had to purchase this package or no package at all.
When I tried to cancel my order, he became agitated and rude.

He told me that the original package doesn't exist and I should just buy the one that is offered.

Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fotoconnection/New-York/Fotoconnection-Fotoconnection-Cons-using-Bait-and-Switch-Brooklyn-New-York-337811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fotoconnection