Complaint Review: Fotoconnection

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Vienna Virginia
http://www.fotoconnection.com , New York U.S.A.

Fotoconnection Fraud, deception, scam, bait and switch, rude, unprofessional customer service, RIPOFF sellers!! Internet New York

Fotoconnection, a frightening company even for the most seasoned consumer advocates! This company attempts to suck you in and then spit you out...leaving you confused and with a lot less money, of course!

I was in the market for a digital camera. After doing the research and learning all the facts about the item, I made my decision on the camera model. I did some price comparison and came across the Fotoconnection web site. They brag on their site that they offer the lowest price.

Since the site advertised what came with the camera, I decided to place the order with it. I was sent an e-mail that required me to approve the order. Something bothered me, though. The wording about the items included was vague and incomplete. I wasn't about to approve this without some questions first.

I called the company to discuss the order. Right away I was sick to my stomach! The very unprofessional salesman was very rude and pushy. He immediately began to tell me that I needed to upgrade. I asked why. He said that the battery that came with the camera was only a 30 minute battery. I contested this because I knew better based on my research. He told me that the upgraded battery was a "long life battery." However, the information did not indicate that the battery was an OEM one.

More butterflies in the stomach...what had I gotten myself into? Was I dreaming? How could a company operate like this? I had flashbacks to the way Toyota Motor Company operated (and continues to do so) when its customers came in with low mileage sludge in the engine! Blame the owner, blame the owner, and blame the owner! Fotoconnection is just going to blame the owner for his/her own lack of knowledge! Uh, uh...not me!

I continued to challenge the salesman about the information he was giving me. I told him that his company wasn't competitive at all based on all this new, unadvertised information. Once I realized that this was a bait and switch operation which sought to totally confuse the customer, I immediately asked for the order to be cancelled. I didn't trust the company, so I asked for an e-mail confirmation of the order cancellation. The company sent it.

Even someone who is well-researched can be confused during this company's ordering process! Thankfully, I was able to look up all the reviews while I was still speaking to the salesperson. After that, I cringed further! What a slimeball operation! Is this some sort of sanctioned scam business? Who is overseeing such companies? What is being done to stop them?!?

I'd be interested in hearing more stories of Fotoconnection customers. It is safe to say that customers won't be repeat ones! Once around the block with this fraudulent company is enough, thank you! I am just glad that I escaped the grubby clutch of these manipulators! Close call, though! I won't be gullible when using those price comparison sites from now on! There is simply too much corporate deceit to accept everthing out there. I noted fake positive feedback by the company itself!

Bottom line: Do Your Homework! Spread the word about Fotoconnection!

Vienna, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fotoconnection/New-York/Fotoconnection-Fraud-deception-scam-bait-and-switch-rude-unprofessional-customer-serv-260314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fotoconnection