silence

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2007

• Reported By:Hollis Maine
Fotune 500 Companies Consumer Rewards Program
2190 179A Street Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Fotune 500 Companies Consumer Rewards Program This company had said that I won $70,000, but there is a required processing fee of $2,840.00 that the "winner" is mandated to pay. Edmonton Alberta

The letter stated that two days after the winner's payment for processing/administrative fees the balance of $67,020.00 will be sent. They have graciously enclosed a check for $2980.00 in case I do not have the personal money to pay.

I called 1-780-695-0279 from the letter and the number went immediatly and directly to the very person listed as my contact officer, Richard Colster. I talked with Mr. Colster for 10-15 minutes encouraging him to make me believe that this was not a scam, because that is what is seemed like to me. He told me that random people who have shopped at Fortune 500 and used their credit cards for purchases are being chosen as winners in amounts from $10,000 to $500,000. He answered my questions but was unable to provide proof. He did ask me twice when I would be depositing the check, though.

I went to my bank which happens to be the same bank the check is cut from: Bank of America. The bank manager took one look at the letter and the check and said that it was a scam. This was confirmed by the fact that the bank computer was unable to "read" the numbers on the check. He also told me that no ligitimate company would take credit card information and enter it into a drawing without the owner's knowledge and that if I deposited the check I personally would be responsible to pay back the nearly $3000 to the bank.

L.
Hollis, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2007 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fotune-500-Companies-Consumer-Rewards-Program/Edmonton-Alberta-T5s-2L4/Fotune-500-Companies-Consumer-Rewards-Program-This-company-had-said-that-I-won-70000-bu-269363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fotune 500 Companies Consumer Rewards Program