Complaint Review: Four Paws Kennel Lois Hancock

• Updated: Tue, April 21, 2009

• Reported By:Bloomington Indiana
Four Paws Kennel Lois Hancock
Martinsville, Indiana U.S.A.

Four Paws Kennel Lois Hancock Sick Puppy purchased from Four Paws Martinsville Indiana

I purchased a puppy from Lois Hancock in February. I called Lois about a Cockapoo puppy. She informed me she had one left and that I could come to see him. I drove the 30 miles and could not locate her home with the directions she gave me.

I called her and she said that she and her husband were coming into town and she would be happy to bring the puppy and meet some where for me to look at him. We met at a parking lot at a restraunt in Martinsville.

I did buy him and on the way home noticed that he had white flakes in his hair, after getting home we discovered that he had blood in his stool. So off to the vet the next morning only to discover that had we waited a week he would have died.

He was covered in lice and had a parasite in his intestines. The vet said that he had to have come from a puppy mill where they simply stack dog cages on top of one another and the feces falls threw to another cage.

I called Lois and she said yes she was aware that he was sick but that was not her problem. She refused to refund any of the purchase price or to help cover the vet bill. She informed me that it was my problem now not hers.

Well now four months later my little cockapoo appears to be a mix breed of Cocker and Labrador. He will now be to big for me to keep as I live in a community with a size restriction on dogs.

I called the humane society and several other organizations only to discover several complaints had been filed. But to this date nothing has been done to shut her down or make her comply to ethical healthy practices.

AVOID this breeder, she is a nightmare you are better off avoiding. I would love to see her closed down and thease poor animals given to others who would love them and care for them.

Bloomington, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2009 03:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Four-Paws-Kennel-Lois-Hancock/Martinsville-Indiana/Four-Paws-Kennel-Lois-Hancock-Sick-Puppy-purchased-from-Four-Paws-Martinsville-Indiana-445381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Four Paws Kennel Lois Hancock