- Report: #949972
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Four Star Realty And Property Management
Four Star Realty And Property Management1423 South Pearl St Denver, Colorado United States of America
Four Star Realty And Property Management Four Star Realty Denver, Four Star Realty Boulder, Four Star Realty & Property Management Inc. Four Star Realty and Property Management Keeps Money From Respectful and Well Mannered Tenant after being abused by other tenants with verbal assault, cigarette smoke, threats. Denver, Colorado
I rented for less than a year and got out. Early in my lease I was verbally accosted by the downstairs neighbor in the middle of the night (who was a known alcoholic) and the property management did nothing.
When I moved in there was mouse poop in the kitchen cabinets, exposed fiberglass in the bathroom, dirt everywhere and about 20 years worth of accumulated trash/pornography/dirt and crud in the two storage spaces. I had to deep clean it myself after three attempts by the cleaning service they provided.
During my lease I requested they seal the laundry room which was located directly below my bedroom because the downstairs tenant would get drunk and smoke in the middle of the night filling my whole bedroom with the smell of cigarettes. The OWNER of the apartment called and also verbally accosted me threatening eviction for complaining. [continued below]....
Although I was given the right to use the laundry room in my lease a key was not provided until 3 months after I had moved in. Because of this "sharing" I had to pay for half of the electricity used on the lower level because the facilities were part of her meter. In total I ended up paying around $500 extra dollars over the course of the year for the other tenant to CONSTANTLY do laundry, even in the middle of the night, even when it was explicit in the lease that laundry was only to be done until 10pm. Four Star also did nothing about this.
I made the following improvements and what needed to be done to make the space livable of my own volition-
1. new countertop (since the old one was made of rotted wood, and linoleum from the 1970's painted with gummy black acrylic with food rubbed into it)
2. new floor tile (to cover the sharp, mouse crap infested holes)
3. filled rust holes in the ceramic on both the tub and sink
4. painted all of the black trim,
5. oiled all of the wood
6. repainted the front door
7. removed rusting fence in the front yard
8. removed old furniture/pornography/childrens toys and about 15 years of dirt from both crawl spaces
9. painted the closet/kitchen cabinets and shelving and pantry floor
10. removed mouse poop and exposed fiberglass from the crawlspaces/kitchen cabinet and under the bath tub.
11. covered the massive hole in the bathroom floor.
12. winterized the windows and filled holes to the outside. OVERALL the place was unlivable when I moved in, and the "professional cleaning" that I was provided via fourstar did not cover any of these things.
For the last two months that I lived there I was so scared to return home that I didn't spend any time there.
When I left, I spent two days cleaning so that it was spotless feeling so badly for anyone that would move in and have to deal with them. I had completely vacated the apartment before my lease was even over. If a proper walkthrough was done whoever went in there would have seen that it did not, by any stretch of the imagination, require a professional cleaning.
I am an honest person and I greatly improved the condition of the apartment by living there and left it in immaculate condition at the end of July. The charge for cleaning was a total lie- and the subcontractors Four Star hired must be making their invoices up because there was not a cob-web or speck of dust in the place- this is an down right lie and there are pictures to prove it.
This has been one of the worst and most traumatic and most saddening situations I've ever lived through. I still have no recovered from the many issues I had while renting from them.
Denver with such a tight rental market has people like me getting into places when they can- and then despite behaving as a well mannered adult in a caring and responsible fashion I've got no recourse. It's not worth going to court over $300, especially when they outline ever possible loop hole in the lease. It's not fair at all when a person who pays rent on time and makes their home nice- then has money stolen from them at the end.
There's a good story in this. I know me and all of my friends are experiencing the same in the rental market in Denver and they should have a voice and expose shady corporate landlords and the holes they have in their subcontractors- because those costs just get passed down to the lessee even if it is not true. They should be held accountable.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Four-Star-Realty-And-Property-Management/Denver-Colorado-80210/Four-Star-Realty-And-Property-Management-Four-Star-Realty-Denver-Four-Star-Realty-Boulde-949972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)