I recently hired Fox Movers to move me and the service was awful! I have so many complaints that I decided to list them:
1. First off, the movers they sent me were not professional movers. All of them said my move was the first move they'd ever done for Fox Movers and only one of them had prior experience working as a mover.
2. They brought absolutely no moving equipment! There were no dollies or furniture pads or tools on the truck. So they were not able to protect my furniture and several items got damaged.
3. The woman on the phone promised me a 24 foot truck for my 3 bedroom condo, but their movers showed up in a tiny 14 foot Uhaul truck. So they had to make 3 trips and they charged me $210 extra for all that driving time.
4. To be totally honest, the movers looked like homeless guys the company picked up off the street. One of them (Darnell) was very frightening. He looked like a gangster rapper or gang member (gold teeth, prison tattoos, crazy braided hair, mean and angry like a wild animal.) I read another Fox Movers customer's Ripoff Report complaint saying that this same guy, Darnell, returned to her home after her move and tried to attack her. If she's talking about the same guy, I understand why she filed a police report. That guy was SCARY!!!!!!
5. All 3 movers smoked cigarettes in my apartment even though I repeatedly asked them not to. My living room still smells like nasty cigarette smoke.
6. Two of the guys constantly used profanity around my young daughter. I asked them to watch their language around my kids, but they would not stop. I called the office to complain. It took 6 calls and 35 minutes for me to finally reach a live person. When I told the woman about the profanity, her exact words were: "Ma'am, the guys are movers, not choir boys. Let them do their job." LET THEM DO THEIR JOB??? I was speechless.
7. Ruby in the office quoted me a total price of $300 for my move but it ended up costing $590 because they sent inexperienced homeless ex-convicts instead of professional movers.
Overall, my experience with Fox Movers could not have been worse. I will never give them my business again. If you want to read more about how bad they are, you can also go to YELP and enter "Fox Movers", then scroll down the page and click on the "FILTERED" reviews. You will see more than 23 TERRIBLE REVIEWS from many, many unhappy Fox Movers customers. Look for yourself.