gesture

• Reported By: clark — stevens point Wisconsin
Fox Rent A Car
10431 Radar Court, Fort Myers FL. , Florida USA

Fox Rent A Car The Old Bait and Switch 33913 Florida

My wife and I recently booked a vacation through Fort Myers to spend a week at Marco Island.  The whole vacation was fabulous except for renting a car.  We booked a premium car through Fox on 11-8-13 for the entire week.

Our confirmation sheet incicated the rental center was "at airport".  First deceptive move, of course it was off site.  After searching the long line of rental companies at the airport, we were told to walk outside, a bus would pick us up.  But I had the paper saying it was "at airport" right?

We waited 25 minutes after watching every offsite company arrive and leave, finally called Fox.  A pre-recorded message said they arrive every 10 to 15 minutes.  2nd false statement.

We were eventually picked up and transported only to arrive and find out they had no premium cars.  I asked if I could upgrade, they had nothing but a GM go-cart waiting.  When I complained they told me they would either deliver a premium car the next day or take one day off of the rental.  We told them we preferred a premium car instead. We told them where we would be staying, they had our cell numbers, no call of course.  We were also led to a very dark area, were asked to sign off on scratches and dents (the only one was in the front acording to their diagram).  The next day we found several around the trunk area as one would expect.  We also found a small one on the rear passinger door. 3rd false statement.

When we returned, they had no record of the conversation I had with the previous service staff.  4th screw up!

I guess the statement that they were "at the airport" set my mind at ease with regard to the good price they advertised and not recognizing the brand name.  Grandma was right, you do get what you pay for.  Now I'm familiar with Fox, will tell every business person I know about my bad experience.  Stay at the airport and rent from a brand you can trust.  Don't rent from Fox!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fox-Rent-A-Car/-Fort-Myers-FL-Florida-33913/Fox-Rent-A-Car-The-Old-Bait-and-Switch-33913-Florida-1099853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fox Rent A Car