Complaint Review: Fox Valley Technical College

• Updated: Mon, October 03, 2011

• Reported By: Tim — green bay Wisconsin United States of America
Fox Valley Technical College
3601 Oregon Street Oshkosh, Wisconsin United States of America

Fox Valley Technical College Took my money, VA educational benefits and kicked my a** out the door Oshkosh, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Wow..

The instructors didn't instruct, just told students to read the books regardless of the question asked.  I was locked out of my ground class if i was late, keep in mind i was driving an hour and a half through highway projects everyday, every morning.

Accused me of not reading the material when i was having difficulty in the beginning.

Stalled my practical training in the air midway through the program.  The instructor had me doing the same 3-4 maneuvers for the last month of the school no matter how good i was at them.  The last week i had to use up my flight time my instructor was too busy so he passed me off on all the other instructors who did progress me through to skills i should have been working on earlier in the program.

FAA regulations say that students need to pass with 70%, the class had a published standard of gaining 80% on pretests. [continued below]....
.....  One hour before my FAA exam my flight instructor told me he wasn't endorsing me for the FAA exam, felt it was too hard for me because i only scored in the high 80's.

I had purchased 50 hours of flight time, the weather was crap during the summer and i had 26 hours left, they just absorbed my money and said thats the way it was, too bad.  Used 2 months of my VA benefits and lost a unique window of time i had to begin this new career.

I was the oldest student in the class, even older than the instructors.  I feel there was an element of discrimination there, because they worked hard with the other students but worked harder to not help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2011 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fox-Valley-Technical-College/Oshkosh-Wisconsin-/Fox-Valley-Technical-College-Took-my-money-VA-educational-benefits-and-kicked-my-a-out-784375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fox Valley Technical College

Wow..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So if you are late they "lock" you out of class.  Well you know there is a simple solution...show up on time.  Other people do it.  Why should you be treated special because you have to go through "highway projects"?  I bet there are other people in your class that have to make an effort to get there on time.

- So who told you that you were perfect at them?  Was it an instructor or your "feeling" that you were good enough?

- Wow you mean they want you to exceed the FAA requirements and not just barley pass.  As an airline passenger I have absolutely no problem with that, in fact I would hope that the students get closer to 100.

Perhaps pilot school is not really your thing.