• Report: #920043

• Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By: Valor — Rittman Ohio USA
Fox's Pizza Den
18 N. Main St. Rittman, Ohio United States of America

Fox's Pizza Den James Gibbs Jr. Fox's Pizza Den Owner in Rittman, Ohio Uses Employees Like Toilet Paper - Don't Work For This Jerk! Rittman, Ohio

I went to work for Fox's Pizza Den in Rittman, Ohio 3 weeks ago as a delivery driver and cook. The place is just down the street from me, so it was convenient. I have done delivery before, so I know the pay is usually decent. The place is a privately owned franchise that does take out and delivery only. I was promised before being hired that I'd make $50 a night in tips, and more on the weekends. Only twice did I make $50. in a night, and those were on the weekend. One day I made a grand total of $6. in tips. Not even enough to cover the gas. On the average night, I would have to put between $10-20. in for gas. Anyway, I worked over 100 hours in 2.5 weeks for this jerk, Jim Gibbs Jr., and only was paid for 63 hours. When I asked why it was so short, Jim claimed that I only worked about 30 hours per week. I said that even the schedule says I work 37 hours per week, and I always had to work more. Because the schedule only shows until the time of closing. Let's say I'm on the schedule from 4-9 PM, the owner would typically continue taking orders until 10 PM, and I'd be lucky to leave by 11. I called the Fox's Pizza Den Corporate Office, and they said there was nothing they could do, because it's a privately owned franchise. Since then, I've learned that Jim has done this to many other people. Basically, he uses his employees like toilet paper. If they don't like it, they quit. When they quit, he hires the next sucker from his stack of applications to do it all over again. And, no one seems to care. He gets away with it by either clocking you out while you're still working, or conveniently "loses" your time card. So, there's no way to prove anything. I was not only robbed of my over-time, but of at least 40 hours work, equaling over $350. The manager, Doris, has been working there for 19 years, and only makes $8. per hour. She only stays there because that's the only job she's ever had, and is a bit on the slow side. So, she's scared to quit. This is a warning to anyone considering working for this jerk. Don't do it -- you'll be sorry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foxs-Pizza-Den/Rittman-Ohio-44270/Foxs-Pizza-Den-James-Gibbs-Jr-Foxs-Pizza-Den-Owner-in-Rittman-Ohio-Uses-Employees-Like-920043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fox's Pizza Den