Complaint Review: Frame Fixers-Syracuse

• Reported By: Hannah Holmes — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Frame Fixers-Syracuse
Syracuse, New York United States of America

Frame Fixers-Syracuse extremely disappointing Syracuse, New York

*Consumer Comment: May I have the phone number of the accountant?

Ahh Framefixers, yet another ripoff report in your name. Why do you make promises you can't keep?

I sent a pair of vintage wayfarer raybans to have the arms reattached, they were loose and too wide for the head. They were quick to contact me when the glasses arrived to confirm the work I wanted done, but then it was six weeks of emailing and leaving messages (they never answer their phone! ever!) before I decided to contact their accountant (?) who is in charge of payments to ask what the **** was going on. She had initially contacted me to confirm the amount before charging my credit card. She was very friendly and nice, asked me if I had called the company (ha!), and she promised me that she would get a hold of the technician to ask where my glasses were. After hanging up, and reading the other reports filed against Framefixers, I decided the glasses were gone for good.

A week after speaking with her, the glasses arrived. They had been cleaned and polished, and that was the only good thing. The arms had been poorly reattached, an extra hole drilled into the side that splintered the arm, which they then covered up with glue. The screws they used are sizes too long for the glasses, the bottom of the screws stick out on the sides, and they are half red! The screws are now also glued in place, and there is mucky glue surrounding the area. A child could have done a better job.

I'm not sure, as in the picture on their website, if there is an elderly man working away in a little closet somewhere with piles of glasses around him needing to be fixed, and that this is the reason for poor communication and slow, slow service, and terrible quality of work. Regardless, don't send your precious things to this location, they will return to you in a poorer condition than when you sent them. Do your business locally, that is the lesson I have learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frame-Fixers-Syracuse/Syracuse-New-York-/Frame-Fixers-Syracuse-extremely-disappointing-Syracuse-New-York-937632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frame Fixers-Syracuse

May I have the phone number of the accountant?

AUTHOR: Roberto - (United States of America)

I just sent in my glasses two weeks ago but looks like Frame Fixers is a scam. They have not been answering their phones. I would like to call the accountant so I can get my glasses back. May I ahve her phone number?