Susan

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: San — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Frames by Mail

Frames by Mail 11440 Schenk Dr Frame Quality Extermely Poor Internet

I purchased  2 frames from Frames  by  Mail, when they arrived the frames  had come apart, the material the frames were made out of was breaking off.  Neither the box  nor  the packing material looked damaged at all.  The frames were the wrong color;  one of the cut mats was cut to the exact size of the picture measurements I listed the other was cut too large lengthwise and the again the widthwise cut was exact to the picture measurements ordered.  I have purchased store  bought and custom made frames for the past 50 years I have never seen anything like the mess this company sent me.  The cherry of top was not being told they were shipping via post office and their would be an addition shipping charge in addition to the  shipping fee I paid.  Upon arrive the Post Office had a bill of $89.00 to be  paid for oversized package.  The company should make customers aware of these hidden charges - I guess  Frames by Mail didn't know there are less expensive ways to ship.  When I requested help with what to do about the  problem  I was told they would do their best to try to send me what I wanted if I wanted an exchange and that their refund policy was listed on their website.  Their refund policy includes a 20% fee for restocking and does not include cut mats.  Like someone would like to purchase the mess I wanted to return.  Also no mention of who pays shipping for refunds.  Since the shipping  is so outrageous I am not returning this mess and I guess will use this as experience lesson.  I shop a lot online and have never had a problem, also most sites have reviews listed or you can do a web search to find reviews.  Frames by Mail had no reviews listed nor could I found any  reviews  through web search.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frames-by-Mail/internet/Frames-by-Mail-11440-Schenk-Dr-Frame-Quality-Extermely-Poor-Internet-829401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frames by Mail