Complaint Review: Francis Street Townhomes

• Updated: Sat, January 11, 2014

• Reported By: A.S. — Loveland Colorado
Francis Street Townhomes
7140 Hooker Street, Westminster Westminster, Colorado USA

Francis Street Townhomes, WCR, LLC, Candy Christen, John Troupe Horrible Landlords - Unresponsive to major repairs needed, Placed the damage of needed repairs on tenant, Extremely Unprofessional, Lied Westminster Colorado

The worst landlords I have ever experienced. I have rented quite a few places in my time, and this one takes the cake.The following will detail the major issues I experienced.

Francis Street Townhomes lied about the state of the apartment when I moved in, claiming it was completely non-smoking and clean of smoke. Shortly after moving in, I began noticing cigarette smoke seeping, then pouring, in through the vents and walls. I have smoke-induced asthma (which was why it was SO important for me to live in a smoke-free place!), and almost ended up in the Emergency Room on several occasions. I duct-taped the vents and was forced to turn off the heat (in the winter) and live off of a space heater to somewhat lessen my smoke inhalation while I waited for the issues to be resolved. After a couple of weeks of my contact, I was informed it was mainly my responsibility.

Did not respond to major structural issues - such as the upstairs bathroom leaking a month after I moved in, which over the course of a month and a half, lead to a pouring of dirty water from the downstairs celling and the bathroom began caving in. Major health, safety, and sanitary concerns. As I was leaving, I saw pieces of the celling beginning to fall through. I am not sure if the bathroom fell through all the way, as I had to break my lease and leave. At the beginning of the issue, I called, sent emails, and sent written notification to no avail and no contact whatsoever.

I was deducted $150.00 from my deposit for repairing a few pinpricks and holes from hanging pictures and shelves. Nowhere in my lease does it state I may not hang such items, which otherwise are counted as normal wear and tear. Addionally, one of the landlords, John Troupe, had assured me it was fine to hang such items when I was moving in.

The unit had a major gas leak both when I moved in, and a couple of months later (after I called the gas company to have it repaired). My concerns were dismissed.

My pet deposit was left off of my statement when a paltry portion of my deposit was returned. I had to work through a rental liason to have it returned. Unfortunately, there was little she could do about the rest of my deposit.

Once I signed the lease, all of my dealings with this company turned into a slow, sour game. I was forced to nearly harass them on the issues listed above to get the simplist of replies.

Please take a lesson from my unfortunate dealings with the worst landlords I have yet to experience, and never associate yourself with this unprofessional, scam-level company. I am a very busy, professional individual with a solid rental record, and this company not only cost me dearly in money, but in time, effort, and the entireity of my household belongings reeking of cheap cigarette smoke.

I welcome questions from anyone seeking further information. My sole goal here is to report this company as what it is and prevent more people from falling to their scams. I stand to gain no profit whatsoever, and have lost a great deal renting from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Francis-Street-Townhomes/Westminster-Colorado-80030/Francis-Street-Townhomes-WCR-LLC-Candy-Christen-John-Troupe-Horrible-Landlords-Unre-1114888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Francis Street Townhomes