• Report: #932078

• Reported By: kjsoto13 — oklahoma city Oklahoma United States of America
Francis Tuttle Vo Tech
oklahoma city, Oklahoma United States of America

Francis Tuttle Vo Tech scholarship fraud oklahoma city, Oklahoma

My problem is with my daughters school, Francis Tuttle, Rockwell campus. Brittany graduated high school through their Project Hope program this past school year and upon graduation was awarded the Donovan Award. We were never given any paper work on this award but were told by here adviser at the school, Rick Mayorga, that this award will pay for her tuition, not including books or lodging, for the next four years. l, Kevin Soto, Brittany's father, ask for some type of documents stating the perimeters or a dollar figure or something to base our college choice on.

Mr Mayorga told both me and Brittany at different times just to pick the school of her choice, enroll and send Francis Tuttle the invoice and it would be paid. He told us that on more than one occasion so, based on his word, she enrolled at OBU. When we submitted the invoice everything,changed, now the scholarship is suddenly a partial scholarship only paying 1500.00 per:semester and not even guaranteed to provide that through the four years of school.

We based our decision on his word and now are stuck with several thousand dollars worth of tuition. It devastated her and obviously created a lot of undue stress on myself. My appeal to,you is a last ditch effort to have this wrong corrected. I have appealed verbally to all that,would listen to no avail. I feel as we have been dealt with fraudulently, at the very least'straight lied too. If they had been forthcoming with the truth, given us the proper boundaries in which to base a choice on, of course we would have been responsible in our ,choice of a school.

He continually, when ask for any stipulations, said "pick the school of your choice, send us an invoice and we will pay the tuition". Again, we knew going in to this we would have to cover lodging and books, we have no problem with that. By the way, the bad news came the day before we were to move into the dorm. Then his story was maybe you should consider a jr college. The day before move in day......if there is anything you can do, it be greatly appreciated. I don't believe school officials should be able to lead these children on like this and then let them down at the last minute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Francis-Tuttle-Vo-Tech/oklahoma-city-Oklahoma-73132/Francis-Tuttle-Vo-Tech-scholarship-fraud-oklahoma-city-Oklahoma-932078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Francis Tuttle Vo Tech