Complaint Review: Frank Capri

• Updated: Thu, December 18, 2014

• Reported By: Model1 — New York United States of America
Frank Capri
50 W 34th st #23B1 New York, New York United States of America

Frank Capri RIPOFF! Do not shoot with him! He is a liar. Huge waste of money! New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Frank Capri is a Scammer for sure

*Author of original report: Frank Capri to Court

*Consumer Comment: A completely Paid for review!

*Consumer Comment: Still haven't received promised refund!

*Consumer Suggestion: Scam artist Frank Capri - WARNING

*General Comment: Frank Capri

*Consumer Comment: Frank Capri - Best Photographer I've worked with!

Do not shoot with Frank Capri, he is an ashole and a liar! He might contact you on Facebook or talk to you on the street and make you feel very special that you are beautiful and you will get work as a model for sure after shooting with him. He'll tell you how he has so many contacts and knows so many people and will help you find jobs. Bullsh*t. After showering you with compliments, he will ask you for hundreds of dollars for the shoot and will say that his photos will definitely get you jobs.

First of all he is not a very good photographer, secondly he does not give a sh*t what happens to you after he shoots with you and gets his money. Of course first you pay and then you shoot, and then for all that money you are only allowed to have FIVE photos for your port!!! If you want an extra photo, he makes you pay $40 for each extra photo. Ridiculous. And that is not written down anywhere. It's all cash into his pocket. After I paid, he turned into a complete ashole. Would not help me with finding jobs as promised + the agency that I contacted referred by him, they didn't even know who he was!! He is a LIAR. Please do not waste your time and money on this!! He collects money to pay for his own projects and doesn't give a sh*t about you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frank-Capri/New-York-New-York-10001/Frank-Capri-RIPOFF-Do-not-shoot-with-him-He-is-a-liar-Huge-waste-of-money-New-York-N-980376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frank Capri

Frank Capri is a Scammer for sure

AUTHOR: Anon - (USA)

I had an experience with him doing pictures for a couple of people.  Looking back I have kicked myself 100 times for getting involved with him.  We paid a huge amount of money but figured to get someone with connections is invaluable.  That was all crap.  His studio was in a s****.>

Frank Capri to Court

AUTHOR: Model1 - ()

Hi ladies,

I see many of you have been in the same situation as me. I want to sue him. Please let me know if you are on the same page so we can start the action. The more people the more prove.

Leave a comment here and we will go from there!

Thanks!

A completely Paid for review!

AUTHOR: thetruth - ()

This guy is a complete jerk, i had the displesure to work with his after he has recently moved to Los Angeles, apparently he really does just move around once he gets to much negative attention in one area. He completely said hundereds of nice things about how he was worked with all of these famous people in the past and yet he sees so much potential in me hes willing to work with me, even offering to do a 'paid shoot'.... he gave me less then $20 for gas money. And then said we should do another shoot for my portfolio but its going to cost close to $700! The 1 nice review about him is totally just him or his friend-if its possible he has one- or a paid review it litterally just sound so bougus!

Still haven't received promised refund!

AUTHOR: The Adwords Guy - ()

Just an update - as you can read below, Chris (who appears to be behind this scam) promised a refund and stated it could take a couple of weeks to process. That time has come and gone, and still no refund. Now I see they are entering shill reviews of themselves on other sites to try to bump this ripoff report down the search engine results page.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Scam artist Frank Capri - WARNING

AUTHOR: Nightwalker - ()

To be honest, everything I came across suggests that Frank Capri is a scam artist, and I am at a loss for how he consistently made big deals with so many people in so many places. He doesn’t pay his bills. He gets sued. He loses in court...Not only he scammed to rip off poor models and his employees, his restaurant also sucks. He opens a new one some-where else. Repeat cycle. How lame and shameful.

Don't do business with him and watch out your pockets when he talks to you! This guy pretends to be nice at the very beginning and ends up asking for your hardearned cash for whatever reasons he can make up. Call police and send him to jail with all your evidences.

See more details here: (((link redacted)))

#6 General Comment

Frank Capri

AUTHOR: Lisha - ()

He lied. Stole my money and just before I wrote this email he asked mE To write something nice about him to counter attack a woman that he screwed over. I did. Then he screwed me over right after. Do not trust him he is a con and a liar. Ladies if you ever come in contact with him please do not trust and he stole my families hard-earned money and I threatened him to call the cops and he ended up giving me back part of my money which proves that he is a con artist. He didn't want the cops involved so he gave me my money back and I told him if he doesn't give me the rest back that I will sue him for the rest of the money he still owes me. 1350 is the Exact amount he has left to return to me. he will promise you jobs and promise you fame and fortune but instead he steals your money and then makes you try to come out of the pocket more For photos that already paid for. He is a liar do not trust him!!!!!!!

Frank Capri - Best Photographer I've worked with!

AUTHOR: Lisha - ()

One of the best experiences in my modeling and acting career has been to shoot with Frank Capri. Frank has over 20 years experience shooting for leading national magazines and newspapers in New York and LA. I felt lucky to work with him, and not only is he a top professional, but he was extremely personable. He made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. The photographs I received were way beyond what I had expected. I was thrilled! Most of the established professionals in the industry know of Frank's outstanding reputation. It's a shame to see this kind of unjust slander on the internet against such a fine photographer and human being. I just had to say something!