Complaint Review: Frank Scarpino

• Submitted: Sun, August 15, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Oak Brook Terrace Illinois United States of America
Frank Scarpino
1415 W 22nd Street Tower Floor Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois United States of America

Frank Scarpino DuPage County Ripoff attorney. Continuance Stagegy Plea bargain defense scam Oak Brook Terrace Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My version of events.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My version of events.

I went to Scarpino in 2005 after I was charged with disorderly conduct.  I sat in his office and told him what happen and he immediately became condesending and accusatory in an attempt to put me on the defensive.  He never took a single note or asked me a question about the incident after I told him what took place.  He never asked me if I had a record or had ever been in trouble with the law (which I hadn't).

He told me that he needed $1500 and that "this would never go to court" and that I "would never see the inside of a court room".  I wish I would have known what he really meant when he said that.  Three months went by and I called his office to get an update and he told me that there had been several continuances filed by him and his expectation was that the client would "give up" and the case would get dropped.  That was when I knew I was in trouble, because he never planned to do any work and wasn't interested in my good name, he was just trying to make the quickest buck he could. [continued below]....
.....  I had already paid him CASH so he knew I was stuck.

A year later my case ends up going to court.  He showed up to court LATE and I believe the only reason the judge took mercy on me was because he knew who was representing me.  This guy is scum.  He could care less about what happens to you, he is just trying to collect a check.  He almost ruined my life, don't let him ruin yours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2010 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frank-Scarpino/Oak-Brook-Terrace-Illinois-60523/Frank-Scarpino-DuPage-County-Ripoff-attorney-Continuance-Stagegy-Plea-bargain-defense-sc-631643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frank Scarpino

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My version of events.

AUTHOR: Frank T. Scarpino - (United States of America)

Im sorry that this person was left with bad feelings. Im in the service business. Ive represented over 12,000 clients over my career. Not everyone can be satisfied. In the criminal defense business the customer is not always right.

If i read this report correctly the client was upset that i didn't take notes and that i dragged the case out. If i'm also reading this correctly the client's case was dismissed. I assure you that Judges in Du Page county don't throw out cases because a defendant has a bad lawyer. They don't pity. They follow the law.

The client's case was dismissed. The client credits pity instead of my ability. I know the system. I did my job. case dismissed.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My version of events.

AUTHOR: Frank T. Scarpino - (United States of America)