Complaint Review: Franklin American Mortgage

• Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: Gullible — Texas United States of America
Franklin American Mortgage
PO Box 77404 Ewing, New Jersey United States of America

Franklin American Mortgage Gave me incorrect information regarding late loan payments and does not take responsibilty for ruining my credit Ewing, New Jersey

My family had the misfortune of my husband losing his job in July of 2011.  At the end of August it became apparent that we were going to have trouble paying our mortgage before it would be considered late and reported on our credit report at 30 days.  So I called the mortgage company and spoke with their customer service person.  I told them my situation and asked about my options to avoid being "late" with my payment.  I was reassured by the employee that Franklin American did not report anyone late till after 45 days.  I had believed it to be 30 days, but based upon the reassurance of their customer service person I made my payments for the next several months on this guideline in good faith.  I pulled a credit report in Dec. and found that we had been reported late for August, Sept. and Dec.  I immediately contacted Franklin American and told them what had happened and how I had been misinformed by their employee and that they had reported me as late due to me following their statement.  I filed a "report" for them to investigate the complaint and review our recorded phone call which he gave me false information that I followed.  At the end of January I received an email stating they had reviewed the case and would be filing to change my credit report and remove the lates.  I was told to wait for over 30 days for it to be reflected.  When the changes did not appear I contacted Franklin American again and was then told I had been misinformed (AGAIN) and they would not be removing the lates or admitting responsibility for their actions and what they had told me.  I have tried various reporting agencies (BBB, gov agency that polices mortgage companies, etc...) and got the "sorry we can't make them take responsibility for what they did as technically they do report at 30 days excuse".  Is no one accountable for their word or actions anymore?  Should I not believe a company when I call and ask them on THEIR own policies? So my credit is now ruined and I have no chance of getting a mortgage for sometime as well as other financing being affected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Franklin-American-Mortgage/Ewing-New-Jersey-08628/Franklin-American-Mortgage-Gave-me-incorrect-information-regarding-late-loan-payments-and-902657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Franklin American Mortgage