Complaint Review: Franklin Automotive

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By:semmes al
Franklin Automotive
575 Snow Road So. Mobile, Alabama U.S.A.

Franklin Automotive in Mobile Alabama is just plain wrong NO Guarantee No Nothing!

*Consumer Comment: It is your car that is a junk of metal

I took our 1990 GeoStorm in to Franklin Automotive in Mobile AL.

All the car needed was a timing belt and to take out some spark plugs that were stuck. Later that day, the mechanic called and said that we needed a head set, and a bolt for the engine mount. I agreed.

Three days later the car was ready but making some funny noises. My husband was reassured that as soon as the new head was broke in those noises would stop.

He was told the longer you drive the car the better it will run. That night we were to drive about 90 miles to Mississippi.

While on the interstate, the car started smoking badly, and the engine lost all punch. We had AAA tow us home and took it to Franklins again the next day.

Franklins looked over the car and said that even though they had a 90 warranty, our car would not qualify because stamped on the reciept, under parts, and work provided was the statement, No guarantee on engine lower parts.

We were on our own, and the bill totaled to 959.80! We did not have the car for 24 hours after their repair when the engine died.

I feel that if they saw the engine having problems in the first place, they could have informed us.

Also, much later I was told that you can not rebuild a head and put it on an old engine because the head is just too powerful for the engine.

I do not know if this is true, but I feel there is something fishy with Franklin Auto, they were not on the up and up. Please help if you can. Thank you, Diane

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Franklin-Automotive/Mobile-Alabama-36608/Franklin-Automotive-in-Mobile-Alabama-is-just-plain-wrong-NO-Guarantee-No-Nothing-11356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Franklin Automotive

It is your car that is a junk of metal

AUTHOR: ALChuck - (United States of America)

I couldn't say anything but Great Things About this Company. I have always used them since 2008 when my in-laws told me about them. I have sent a lot of business to them and everyone that I have sent love them. I had a Infiniti Q45 they told me that it was going to cost $1500 a piece and needed 4 of them. Mr. Franklin stated that he could fix it now but if it was him he would wait until the car dies then bring it back and they would fix it them. He told me that he would do whatever I wanted to do. I chose to do the waiting until the car dies and which it didn't go out until someone hit me at 45 mph and I hit the van in front of me as well. So I didn't have to spend the 6 grand. He also told me if I wanted a luxury car to get a Lexus since they are made from Toyota and he could use Toyota parts on them for the most part. I bought a Lexus with 90k took it to him he checked it out told me the car was in great shape it did need a sensor he charged me $122 for the look over and to change out the part. Other places wanted between $100- $350 to just look at it. Thanks Franklin for all of the honest customer service. Keep up the good work!