Complaint Review: Fred Anderson Toyota Of Sanford

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 22, 2008

• Reported By:sanford North Carolina
Fred Anderson Toyota Of Sanford
3305 Highway 87 South Sanford, North Carolina U.S.A.

Fred Anderson Toyota Of Sanford charging for unnessesary work Sanford North Carolina

I brought my Toyota in for service because the check engine light was on. The tech determined that I needed a new thermostat (my car was not overheating and temp guage had always stayed constant) and a new solenoid assembly for the transmission. Total cost $807.93. I put a deposit down to order the parts and got home and started feeling like something was wrong. Everytime I walked thru that door they always managed to find eight hundred dollars worth of something to do. I pulled all my old service reciepts and found that in Feb 07 I had paid $270 for a new timing belt at a Toyota dealership in GA. In Dec of 2007 Fred Anderson Toyota determined that I needed a new timing belt and charged me $294. After 10 months and 20,000 miles I needed a new belt???? Your supposed to replace them every 90,000 miles. Now I admit some fault in not going over carefully everything they said I needed, but I trusted them because they were "certified" and a Toyota dealership. I also found that the past 3 times I had been in ( in the last year) they charged me for a gallon of antifreeze. Twice charging me $26 and once $18. Do you need that much antifreeze? I immediatly called and cancelled my order and plan to take it to another mechanic to look at. Do you think I am wrong in thinking they should refund me $294 for the unnessesary work they did by replacing a new timing belt?

SWC
sanford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Anderson-Toyota-Of-Sanford/Sanford-North-Carolina-27332/Fred-Anderson-Toyota-Of-Sanford-charging-for-unnessesary-work-Sanford-North-Carolina-334291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Anderson Toyota Of Sanford