• Report: #919007

Complaint Review: Fred Loya Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, July 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: George and Tanya Griego — Rio Rancho New Mexico United States of America
Fred Loya Insurance
1800 Lee Trevino, El Paso, Texas 79936 Albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

Fred Loya Insurance Company would not cut check to auto shop, they made it out to me and finance company and said that salvage parts had to be used to repair the vehicle from either Rio Grande or A1 Salvage. Albuquerque, New Mexico

*Author of original report: I had Progressive :(

*Consumer Suggestion: Avoid non-national insurance companies

*Consumer Comment: horrible company

Don't waste your time or money, you will be out of luck. They wrote us a useless check to the finance company when we filed a claim for an accident. They did NOT write it to the auto shop and we now can NOT GET OUR CAR FIXED. This is full coverage on a new vehicle and they've also requested that used parts from Rio Grande and A1 salvage be used on our car. This is frame damage and they want us to use salvage parts after assuring the auto shop that they would only allow new parts. Like most people we need our car to get back and forth. We will not have it for a VERY long time thanks to Fred Loya Insurance

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2012 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Loya-Insurance/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87124/Fred-Loya-Insurance-Company-would-not-cut-check-to-auto-shop-they-made-it-out-to-me-and-919007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Loya Insurance

I had Progressive :(

AUTHOR: George and Tanya - (United States of America)

I was conned into this company by my husband who said..."Let's support someone local". Not that they're really local anyway, but he's always out to help the little guys. Trust me lol...He's really happy with me right now ;)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Avoid non-national insurance companies

AUTHOR: Anon. - (United States of America)

Buying from an auto insurance company that is a mutual insurance company (one owned by its policyholders) is usually a cheaper and better idea in the long run that going with lesser known non-national insurance companies as this one purports to be.  Frankly, I have never heard of it.

I would recommend buying a policy from State Farm or Allstate Insurance, then if you have renters insurance or homeowners insurance later, you can save more with discounts.  They also have Safe Driver Discounts, Accident-free discounts, etc.  and their insurance has longevity build into the policy (the longer you keep it, the cheaper it becomes).  I started my State Farm policy at 18 and still have it at 63 and pay between $50-60 a month.

horrible company

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Loya had the 10th-most complaints among Texas auto insurance providers last year, the agency's data show.
It had the second-highest complaint rate among the largest insurance providers, those with at least 200,000 auto insurance policies in force in Texas, an El Paso Times analysis of the index data found.

They care nothing about you - they only care about cash - File a complaint with you State Insurance Agency asap!