Complaint Review: Fred Loya Insurance

Fred Loya Insurance
1800 Lee Trevino El Paso, Texas United States of America

Fred Loya Insurance Was taking my money but was never insured. El Paso, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Totally agree with you

I had a six month policy with Fred Loya Insurance. I paid over $600 for this policy. Every month they took my payment. In December I let the policy cancel because I was going to go to Allstate Insurance under my mother's name in order to save money. The car was under her name anyways since my credit was sub-par because of my divorce. We then decided to stay with Fred Loya, so I renewed my policy online again. The local office in San Antonio called me and stated that they could not insure me because my name was not on the title of the car. I explained that this had been the case for the past six months of my previous policy. They said that i was never insured for those six months. So, why did they take my money and send me monthly statements????!!! I then spoke to another Fred Loya employee by the name of "Gilbert". He told me to go online again and pay the first months fee and the website would handle it. I asked him if I would get a refund if they declined coverage, he said yes.

I did not get coverage. Fred Loya is not telling me that they will not give me a full refund of my $116.00. They will only give me $60 back because I was supposedly covered for two days until theday that they realized that I was not on the care title. How can that be? If they could not cover me, why should they charge me for two days. Especially since they told me that I ws not covered for six months because of the same reason. This company is a rip-off! I think I deserve my full refund, especially since their own employee told me to sign up again. I will make sure that people are aware. I think it should be illegal for them to accept my money if I was never covered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Loya-Insurance/El-Paso-Texas-79936/Fred-Loya-Insurance-Was-taking-my-money-but-was-never-insured-El-Paso-Texas-832780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Loya Insurance

Totally agree with you

AUTHOR: Norlica60 - ()

This company conduct business in a matter that they harm customers with their bad faith insurance practices, they advertise low rates, no down payment and now they even advertise No driver license required, they train their employees to get people's money only, they know what they are doing, and there has to be a way for this company to mend all the harm that have done to customers like you and me.  They were just sanctioned with $300,000.00 fine with Texas Department of insurance for their malicious practices, they rather to paid the state that money so they would not have to compensate customers individually for the damages they caused to customers with their insurance practices.  Stay away from crooks like this, I am insured by progressive and we have no problems like I did with Fred Loya for so many years.  They are only good to take the money from your bank but in reality if you get into an accident they will always find a way not to pay for claims.  Band Fred Loya Insurance, they need to be put out of business.