existed

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Grapevine Texas
Fred Loya Insurance
Ave. K And West Parker St. Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Fred Loya Insurance Horrible customer service Plano Texas

To whom it may concern: This email is an attempt to notify someone at Fred Loya Insurance of how your customers were treated by your employees at one of your locations. Something needs to be done about this situation immediately. I have never in my 40 years on earth been in the presence of such poor customer service. As an American, I felt disgusted by the treatment our fellow customers had received by one of your employees. The location is off of Ave. K and West Parker St. in Plano Tx.

We had earlier that day called the number provided on the liability card that the fellow customer had in their possession. We spoke to a lady named "Candy" who was very pleasant over the phone. Explained to her that the fellow customers (Mr.&Mrs. S) are purchasing another vehicle adding to the policy and need full coverage insurance. I gave her the VIN, year,make,model of their latest vehicle. She had told me that all she needed was to speak to the customers and have the vehicle brought to a location so that someone can take photos of the van.After speaking with the customers she gave them a reference number. She then said that any location could do it, and Fred Loya was open until 6pm (central time).

We arrive at the mentioned above location at 6:04pm and were told by 2 female employees inside thru a locked door that they were closed. We told them we spoke with Candy earlier and all someone needed to do at this point was to look up reference number and take photos. We were again told thru a locked closed door that they were closed. For the next 25 minutes we were given the excuse of their computers are down for the night and there was no way to get them back up. It wouldn't count for that days business. All of this being said thru a locked closed door! Finally after Mrs. S couldn't hear everything the employee was saying. She did open the door and stood in front shutting it behind her. Granted, I cannot speak Spanish. But I did get the impression by body language, gestures and tone your employee spoke down to the Ss'. I kept hearing the fact that they could not do anything tonight and it was out of her hands.

Here is a fact that I have not told yet. Another female customer was inside doing her paperwork at the desk in front of the door! If the computers were down for the night why was she inside doing business? Whether or not the computers were actually down or not is at this point irrelevant. The fact is that we were not 10-15 minutes late, we were 4 minutes late! The stoplight in front of your location helped make us that 4 minutes late.

Something needs to be done about this situation immediately. I have never in my 40 years on earth been in the presence of such poor customer service. I as an American felt disgusted by the treatment our fellow customers received. They are newly Americanized citizens, immigrants from South America and to have someone who is half their age talk down to them is degrading and insulting.The fellow customers do not know that I am writing to you about this situation. I deal with the public as well.

I sell cars for the largest automotive dealer in the U.S. and they are #138 on the Fortune 500 (their ticker symbol is AN). If I did what your employees did to one of my customers, I would be hung out to dry.I will be submitting copies of this email to others in the automotive as well as the insurance business communities. I will also send a copy to the TDI as well. Something needs to be done about this matter immediately.

Sbaker
Grapevine, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Loya-Insurance/Plano-Texas/Fred-Loya-Insurance-Horrible-customer-service-Plano-Texas-425019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Loya Insurance