Complaint Review: Fred Martin Superstore

• Updated: Mon, September 07, 2009

• Reported By: Joe — Akron Ohio USA
Fred Martin Superstore
3195 Barber Rd. barberton, Ohio United States of America

Fred Martin Superstore Fred Martin Motors Fred Martin Chrysler, Fred Martin Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge Fred Martin Bait & Switch and Bogus Return Policy barberton, Ohio

I went to check car prices at Fred Martin Motors in Barberton Oh. After being run around the dealership for hours and a lot of talk about how there cars were better because they came from "their" dealership, they agreed they could not meet the deal they got at another dealership.

They showed me a different car, which was supposed to be and in the same class as the car I looked at and gave me a loan rate conditional on the rate I got from my dealership. I was told if I was unhappy I had three days to return their car under their "love it or leave it return policy."

I found out from my credit union they had over charged $3000 over the fair market value of the car and my credit union would only finance the fair market value. I returned to try to work something out with the dealership. When I returned I explained the situation to the sales manager. He became abusive, saying I had already made a deal and financing. I tried to explain that the deal was conditional on my credit union. He became even more abusive and said that they would not renegotiate anything.  I then gave him the keys to the car and told him I was returning it under their return policy. He refused saying that I could not return the car, I could only exchange it aqt teh same price with a car of their choosing. I left the car the paperwork and the keys with the dealer.

Since then I have received harrassing phone calls everyday. Their sales pepole use high pressure tactics. They use bait and switch. They will lie to you to get you to sign a deal and their return policy is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Saty away from this dealer. I've been buying cars for 30 years and have never had any problems even close to the garbage these people employ!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2009 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Martin-Superstore/barberton-Ohio-44203/Fred-Martin-Superstore-Fred-Martin-Motors-Fred-Martin-Chrysler-Fred-Martin-Chrysler-Jeep--491426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Martin Superstore