worn

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 29, 2009

• Reported By:Aloha Oregon
Fred Meyer
15995 SW Walker Road Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Fred Meyer Warranty ripoff on 2 HP computer purchase. Beaverton Oregon

* : Wait a minute...

My wife and I bought 2 identical A1519H HP computers on August 25, 2006 and the salesman told us both that we had
purchased a 3 year warranty on each computer.

Well the manufacturers warranty has expired, and just recently we had the need to use the extended warranty. Well I called the warranty company that Fred Meyers uses [newcorp.com] and I gave them the code number from the reciept from the computers purchase, and they did some research and told me that we had only purchased a one year warranty.

Then I called the customer service number on the Fred Meyer website which turned out to be the main Kroger customer service number. I explained to the lady what happened and she told me that she has to refer this to the Fred Meyer Division. She did this and I did not hear from them for over 1.5 weeks so I called the Kroger customer service number again and the lady said she'll send a message over to the Fred Meyer Division asking that my issue be looked into.

Well I waited about one more week with no call from the Fred Meyer Division, so I called the Kroger customer service number again and the lady again sent a message to the Fred Meyer Division. Well I did get a call and after a week of them checking they told me that me that I had only purchased a one year warranty and that there was nothing that Fred Meyer
could do to help me.

Even though their salesman told my wife and me that we had purchased a three year warranty on the two computers.

This is wrong. We feel we were deceived.

If anyone has had a like issue please feel free
to comment to my report.

Thank you Ripoffreport for allowing me
to post this here. You are the greatest.

Jeffrey ****
Aloha, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 04:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Meyer/Beaverton-Oregon-97006/Fred-Meyer-Warranty-ripoff-on-2-HP-computer-purchase-Beaverton-Oregon-468160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Meyer

#1

Wait a minute...

AUTHOR: Dsperin - (U.S.A.)

So the cashier told  you that you purchased a 3-year extended warranty? That would imply that you paid extra for that computer. If that were the case, then he would have had to ask you if you wanted it before he charged you for it.

If you did in fact pay for this extended warranty, then you should have two things: First, a sales reciept itemizing your purchases (which would have the extended warranty and how much you paid for it on it) and second, the actual extended warranty paperwork.

I don't blame them for not taking your word for it that some punk kid told you different. It sucks, but that's life.