Complaint Review: Fred Pryor Seminars

• Reported By: Dena — Youngsville Louisiana
Fred Pryor Seminars
Internet USA

Fred Pryor Seminars Career Track Seminars Paid for Incorrect Data Internet

I am a business and accounting consultant and attended a Payroll Law seminar by Fred Pryor Seminars in hopes of learning about upcoming changes to Payroll Law and Obamacare Rules.  The instructor was very interesting in his presentation and kept everyone's attention.  He seemed very knowledgeable and had a PhD behind his name.  Sounded real good.

In this class he told us we had to keep I-9 forms separate from Personnel Files and under separate lock and key.  We were also told we could be fined very strongly for failing to do this.  Therefore, upon completion of the course, I quickly started a list of all clients and informed them that I needed to do a Personnel File audit, separate the I-9s and supporting data, and store them on my busniess server to keep them compliant with Federal Law.

After going through 11 hours of working on client files, one of those clients is a daycare, and the owner said she would be OK with the change except that the State required I-9s in the Personnel Files.  She wanted me to print out the Federal Law that states otherwise to cover her butt when the state came in on their annual visit.

I proceeded to search Federal Law via the internet and found nothing stating that I-9s needed to be filed separately.  In fact, federal websites stated the opposite.  Eleven hours of work, 6 hours of class, $199 in course fees, and $1200 in unbillable time is what Fred Pryor cost me!  Not to mention that I had to go back to the six other clients I had already "fixed" and tell them I was wrong.  Fred Pryor reimbursed me $199 for the course, but I am still waiting for reimbursement on the reference materials I (also) purchased and returned because of this flub up.  And I will never get the $1200 in lost time.

Never, never again will I attend another Fred Pryor/Career Track Seminar!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Pryor-Seminars-/internet/Fred-Pryor-Seminars-Career-Track-Seminars-Paid-for-Incorrect-Data-Internet-1077099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Pryor Seminars