Complaint Review: Frederick J Hanna & Associates Debt Collector

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 02, 2011

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
Frederick J Hanna & Associates Debt Collector
1655 Enterprise Way Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Frederick J Hanna & Associates Debt Collector They attempted to collect information from me in violation of FTC rules. Marietta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Info. vs. Hanna

In responding to a voice mail I called David Wise at the company, and when I connected with him he started firing off a list of questions. When I asked him to inform me of what the bill was and who I owed it to, he informed me that he didn't have to tell me that, that he wasn't sure I was who I said I was, even though I had called him back from the contact number he had left the voicemail on. As I am in a debt consolidation program (that is working by the way) I attempted to inform him that my attorneys were authorized to discuss it and gave him their toll free number. Then I tried to tell him that under Title 15, USC subsection 1692c (FTC) he could no longer call me, but he cut me of and told me that he didn't need my cooperation and that his company would take legal action against me. I said good by, then hung up and filed a complaint with the FTC. While at their website I downloaded a free copy of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the FTC rep I talked with told me to check 15 USC 1692f - subsection 809 Validation of debts. He then told me that F J H & Assoc had 5 days to inform me in writing of the debt and company claiming it, and to call Mr Wise and inform ihm to comply with the law. I called F J H and asked for Wise but the individual I got, rather than transferring me launched into the same badgering line of questions that Wise had used. I cut him off and told him I had just hung up with FTC after filing a complaint, and that I was recording the call (yes I was) as I knew his company was doing, He then transferred me to an individual who said he was Mr Wises boss and I explained that the FTC had pointed me to the Verification of debt section of the law and that his company had 5 days to inform me what the debt was and who said I owed it, and that it had to be in writing. I got no further BS from them as by then I think they knew I am an aware consumer and understand the law.

Mfree
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frederick-J-Hanna-Associates-Debt-Collector/Marietta-Georgia-30067/Frederick-J-Hanna-Associates-Debt-Collector-They-attempted-to-collect-information-from-m-468332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frederick J Hanna & Associates Debt Collector

Info. vs. Hanna

AUTHOR: HannaH8R - (USA)

The Georgia Supreme Court says Hanna is a "law firm," so you have to submit a bar complaint vs. them (and not a consumer complaint with the state OCA or federal FCC -- but fine if you do that too anyway).  You may submit a bar complaint vs. Fred Hanna (the owner of the "firm") and any atty. that may have contacted you that also violated bar rules for atty.s:

(Call and ask for a bar complaint, and if they have them online):

State Bar of Georgia
www.gabar.org
104 Marietta St. NW, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(404) 527-8700
(800) 334-6865
FAX: (404) 527-8717

***

See below for info. on where to look for sample do-not-call letters vs. Hanna, and how to fight Hanna lawsuits and WIN (feel free to post on here too for more info.):

Info. for fighting Hanna lawsuits:

Hanna consumer complaints and blogs:

Submit a Georgia bar complaint vs. Fred Hanna and other Hanna attorneys: