Complaint Review: Frederick J. Hannah

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2010

• Reported By:Snellville Georgia
Frederick J. Hannah
1427 Roswell Rd Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 770-988-9055
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Frederick J. Hannah & Associates Why is the company allowed to stay in business? Marietta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Hannah and Thugs

I have found nothing but negative information about Frederick J. Hannah and Associates, and have personally experienced the predatory nature of this company. Why are they allowed to remain in business? They are being sued for their unethical practices, they have broken every collection regulation in the books, and I'd like to know why they haven't been shut down.

My story is one of a lousy $900.00 owed to Capital One. To be honest, I don't even remember having a Capital One credit card, but apparently I must have had at some time. I went through a personal crisis with my son a few years ago, and it ended up being expensive emotionally and financially. Until this time I had a credit rating of 704. I always paid my bills and paid them on time. Suddenly, I was having a hard time and the credit card companies jacked up the interest rates on me and began demanding minimum payments that were outrageous. $400.00 minimum payment on a $1,000.00 debt. If I could have afforded that I would have paid them off.

Since then I've been struggling to get back on my feet. While I've been contacted by other collection agencies, Hannah has by far been the nastiest and most harrassing. They have hounded me day and night, not only at home, but on my job. They even threatened to contact my employer. They have left horrible messages with both my son and stepsons; left nasty messages on my answering machine, and have spoken to me personally in ways that left me in tears. I've explained to them both on the phone and in writing that I cannot pay them at this time. But they have no intention of working with anyone, they are only interested in dogging and hounding someone into giving them money.

Yesterday I received a letter from Hannah that appears as though he is going to have my wages garnished for the entire 900.00. When I contacted the State Court of the county I work in, they have no record of any garnishment summons being ever filed. Is the garnishment real or is this another Hannah harrassment tactic?

Why is the company allowed to dog people to the point of despair? Why are they allowed to do business the way they do? Is there no protection against this sort of thing? This company should be shut down for its predatory practices.

Ddnlj
Snellville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2008 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frederick-J-Hannah/Marietta-Georgia-30062/Frederick-J-Hannah-Associates-Why-is-the-company-allowed-to-stay-in-business-Marietta-393174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frederick J. Hannah

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hannah and Thugs

AUTHOR: Ben - (United States of America)

I have good news and bad news. The good news is yes their are laws against the way Hannah operates. They routinely fabricate evidence.

The bad news is this is Georgia and we do not have a government here that will enforce the law against criminals (unless of course it's a little guy with no money)

Just get a good lawyer and fight them in court.