Complaint Review: FredomPop

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Gerry — Miami Florida United States of America
FredomPop
West Los Angeles, CA Internet United States of America

FredomPop freedompop.com They tell you that when you purchase one of there devices and you return it that you will be refunded the purchase price. My device was new and basically unused (used only for freedompop to set up bec West Los Angeles, Internet

*Consumer Comment: FreedomPop's rebuttal is not credible

*UPDATE Employee: Response Time

Even though they state on their web site that you get a full refund if you return your device it just is not true. My device that I purchased was new in the package and they withheld 20% not to mention the charges for return shipping that I paid. Additionally, they have very slow customer service and when I wrote to them about this matter they refused to respond. Beware of these guys!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FredomPop/internet/FredomPop-freedompopcom-They-tell-you-that-when-you-purchase-one-of-there-devices-and-you-1028014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FredomPop

FreedomPop's rebuttal is not credible

AUTHOR: Follow your rules - ()

I was vicitimized for the same $8.25 by FreedomPop.  I called and complained and my $8.25 was refunded.   The problem here, FreedomPop weasels, is that your fine print could have called out that you'd be keeping this money for refurbishment, but didn't.  My simiarly unused device didn't need refurbishment and was refurbished when I got it.  You took a DEPOSIT on the item and unless there was abnormal wear and tear, the deposit should be returned in full.  You folks are NOT operating in the spirit you promote yourselves, and that's unacceptable.

Let's be realistic - the numerous complaints on consumer sites, along with the published criticisms about your shady practices and lack of transparency - written by reputable journalists - are persuasive evidence that these "miscommunications" are your responsibility, and not mere oversight by consumers.

This isn't 1950 - consumers will take the time to call you out, and we'll outvote you every time.

Response Time

AUTHOR: FreedomPop - ()

Hi Gerry,

When a device is returned to FreedomPop, we need to test it out to ensure that it is still in working order and then replace the packaging. Our logistics provider, who handles returns, charges us a real fee to perform this testing and then to restock the device. Your $8.25 fee represents part of what we were charged to perform this testing, clean, and repackage the device, and is mentioned in our FAQs.

FreedomPop strives to provide the most efficient customer service that we can, and works to provide responses to all incoming tickets within two business days. After reviewing your ticket history with us, I see that we had always responded to you within two business days. We are constantly working to improve this response time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you!