suffering

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Sandra — Miramar Beach Florida United States of America
Fredrick Asmussen

Fredrick Asmussen Alvin Ranit Fraud/scam regarding purchase of timeshare, sent counterfeit cashiers check and directed funds transfer to Egypt , Internet

Fredrick Asmussen contacted me in regard to purchasing my timeshare for $1900.  He sent me a cashiers check check for $2400 for his broker to perform the transaction. The broker, Alvin Ranit, instructed me to send the funds to him in Egypt via Western Union.  I felt this strange, yet I had a cashier's check and what risk was there to me?  I went to my credit union who verified the check and cashed it.  The check was returned to my bank as being a forgery and now my account is frozen and I am responsible for the lost funds. These individuals along with the timeshare company, Exclusive Sales in Tampa FL are in collaboration with each other defrauding timeshare owners. Beware, that this does not happen to you!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fredrick-Asmussen/internet/Fredrick-Asmussen-Alvin-Ranit-Fraudscam-regarding-purchase-of-timeshare-sent-counterfeit-956749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fredrick Asmussen