Complaint Review: Fredrick Asmussen

• Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: Nancy C — Cool California United States of America
Fredrick Asmussen

Fredrick Asmussen Alvin Ranit Time Share Fraud/Scam, Internet

ExclusiveSales.com, a time share broker, contacted me and advised that Fredrick Asmussen (supposedly hearing disabled so couldn't talk to via phone) was interested in purchasing my timeshare. I contacted him at the address/info provided. Was very upfront and we set a sales price of $1500. He sent me a cashiers check check for $2900 for his broker to perform the transaction. The broker, Alvin Ranit (supposedly on vacation and at a time share conference in Egypt), instructed me to send $2400 of the funds to him in Egypt via Western Union so that he could set up escrow and title through First American Title.  I felt this strange, yet I had a cashier's check and what risk was there to me?  I went to my credit union who verified the check and deposited it.  Advised on 11/1 that check was returned to my bank as being a forgery and now my account I am responsible for the lost funds. These individuals along with the timeshare company, Exclusive Sales in Tampa FL are in collaboration with each other defrauding timeshare owners. Beware, that this does not happen to you!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fredrick-Asmussen/internet/Fredrick-Asmussen-Alvin-Ranit-Time-Share-FraudScam-Internet-963164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fredrick Asmussen