Complaint Review: FredsM14Stocks

• Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: NCOwner — Sherrills ford North Carolina United States of America
FredsM14Stocks

FredsM14Stocks Don't order from FredsM14Stocks Internet

I wouldn't order from Fred's again. I read the "2-3 months" delay listed on their website, fine, not in a huge hurry so I placed the order in January and got an email confirmation. Three months went by, no order received, so I called (VM) and then sent an email and never did get a response. After a week of randomly trying I finally got a hold of someone (Fred I assume) and the conversation went something like this:

Me: I'd like to check on the status of an order, placed in January

Freds: We're you charged?

Me: I had received an email and had assumed the order was still in process can you confirm?

Fred's: Well it could have had an issue, like the credit card number or the card was rejected, and the order would not have shipped

Me: On the email it said if there was an issue I would be contacted, not that the order would simply 'stop'?

Fred's: <after finding the order> Give me the credit card again

ME: <CC info - again>

Fred's: That looks right

Me: So there was no issue with the credit card, it just was never shipped?

Fred's: I'll give this to the lady who comes in this afternoon, we're pretty busy so it'll be about a week before it goes out.

No "Sorry, we lost your order" or "We'll get this right away". No acknowledgement there was even an issue or a problem on their part. Regardless of the criticality of the item that's just poor business and, to me, a sad reflection in the lack of responsibility being taken. It's worth a few bucks extra to support another business and to actually get your goods in a timely manner. Fred's isn't worth the frustration of having to constantly check on your order (assuming you can actually reach a real person) to make sure they actually ship it out....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FredsM14Stocks/internet/FredsM14Stocks-Dont-order-from-FredsM14Stocks-Internet-866858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FredsM14Stocks