Complaint Review: Free Car Solution

• Updated: Thu, May 02, 2013

• Reported By: songtea — Northampton Massachusetts
Free Car Solution
Internet USA

Free Car Solution aka Lease Guide (http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/freecar.htm) Misleading, Baiting Internet

*Author of original report: Refund Report Email

I believe I've been duped! I had heard that there were companies who would give people a free car as long as you don't mind driving what they give you, keeping it clean, and mainly allowing them to cover the vehicle with advertisments for their products/services.

I found what I thought was a real, independent blog report on these 'free' cars called "Lease Guide" at http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/freecar.htm  It's NOT a blog or independent advice, it's an advertisement, do not fall for it!  I have since found valid sites that say to NEVER pay for this type of service.

At Lease Guide there are two links to companies that supposedly are decent. I picked this one: http://www.freecarsolution.com/?hop=leasekit   However, after paying a registration fee (normal fee is 37 bucks, 27 if you try to leave the page) and paid 27 dollars after checking to see if there were free cars available in my zip code. it told me there were, though it was vague.  I could not look into it further until I paid for registration.

Once I paid the fee I discovered that there were NO free cars available whatsoever anywhere near my zip code, and that the company requires you to be within 50 air miles of one of five cities.  I am 160 miles from the closest one.

On my bank account the charge comes out as "ebook" (they give some free advice pamphlets to download), perhaps this is one of the ways they sneak around some loopholes.

It took me a while to find the email address because every time I pressed "contact" all it did was try to open a Mail program I do not use.  I had taken a screen shot of my receipt (printer not hooked up) and thankfully their email was there.  I have yet to hear back from them, though this just happened tonight so I'll give it a day.

If I had been less busy and distracted I may have picked up on some of this.  Regardless, I think it is a MAJOR breach of ethics to use a fake blog-like site as advertisement and also not showing what free car opportunities are truly available in your area until you pay.

Additionally, I have since read in more reliable sources that this sort of advertising is phasing out and there are thousands of people registered to these types of sites hoping to get a car.  I am very unahppy at being misled, and that they have made it so difficult to contact them or to even konw their true address, etc.  I feel scammed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2013 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Car-Solution/internet/Free-Car-Solution-aka-Lease-Guide-httpwwwleaseguidecomarticlesfreecarhtm-Mislea-1048088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Car Solution

Refund Report Email

AUTHOR: songtea - ()

Update: I received 4 different emails from the company, each one successively working toward my refund.  They read that it can take up to 5 business days to go through, but they have agreed to refund my money.  I will update again if I do NOT receive said refund.  Best wishes to all.