Complaint Review: Free Choice Communications

• Submitted: Mon, September 18, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Free Choice Communications
6855 Tujunga Ave North Hollywood, California U.S.A.

Free Choice Communications - PCS1 Business phone service held hostage by this scam company ripoff North Hollywood California

*Consumer Suggestion: PSC1 AKA DATAVO

For the past two months, my business phone service has been held hostage by this rude, dishonest, incompetent company. They tricked me into switching to them, promising lower rates and a cost-free change of service. This was a scam as I was stuck paying all of the early-disconnect fee from AT&T. Since mid-July, I've been trying to change my service back to AT&T.

In turn, Free Choice has blocked the change of service. They have also arbitrarily shut off my phone service with zero notice TWICE in the past 30 days. This has resulted in crippling my business operations for 24-48 hours at a time, resulting in a loss of sales and a waste of man hours.

At the time of this writing, our phones are still off. When I contacted Free Choice today, I was told that there was an outstanding amount of approximately $30.00 on our account. This was the first I had heard of ANY outstanding balance. I had just received the current bill 3 or 4 days prior and it stated no outstanding amount and said that the current balance (around $180.00) was not due until the end of the month. When I complained about this, the operator threatened to hang up the phone.

I made an instant payment via check-by-phone of the full amount plus and additional $90.00 "reconnection fee." That was over 6 hours ago and our phones are still off. I assume they will remain off until sometime tomorrow, or possible later. This will mean more of my time and money wasted, more damage done to my business, and for what? A $30 fee that this joke of a company never bothered to let me know about until they once again interrupted my service.

AVOID DEALING THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Mark
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2006 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Choice-Communications/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Free-Choice-Communications-PCS1-Business-phone-service-held-hostage-by-this-scam-company-211660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Choice Communications

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PSC1 AKA DATAVO

AUTHOR: Lessonlearned - (U.S.A.)

I wish I knew about this website earlier. We would not have done business with this company had we saw all the problems faced by other small businesses when transacting business with PSC1/DATAVO.