Complaint Review: Free Lotto.com

Holland Head Office Suites 23-30, Lion Towers Den Haag, Netherlands Netherlands

Plasmanetfree Lotto.com ripoff Den Haag The Netherlands

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Fraudulent E-mail received

*Author of original report: What A Sad State of Affairs

December 7th, 2004 I received an e-mail claiming I won 1,000,000, alongside another 49 other individuals as a catagorey 2 winner in this years Annual FreeLotto Draw. Consequently, I have been approved for a total payout of 1 million United States Dollars. In this e-mail they gave me a number to contact a Dr. Bright D Williams apparently the Foreign Operations Director. I was givin the telephone number and a fax number. Once again on behalf of all our staff, congratulations sincerely Sandra Price Promotions Manager.

Right away I called my husband to the computer and we decided to phone the number on the letter. My husband tried first no answer so I tried next and lo and behold an answer. My husband asked him about the e-mail and right away Dr. Bright Williams told us yes we had won and that we must send an e-mail with the reference numbers and other numbers. I also had to enclose my name and address and they would send me a claims form. Today December 8, 2004 I received the claims form and guess what they wanted 850 euros to process the money. Hmmmmm 850 euros so we decided to contact Dr. Bright Williams again and find out why the money. We were told it was to cover the processing fee to release the money from the Dutch Government. I was still scheptical about it and was a little worried since he also wanted a copy of my Canadian Passport. Lucky for us a close friend decided to hop on the internet and find out it is legitimate and that is when we located this website. Should of known it was to good to be true. So I decided to contact Dr. Bright Williams again asking for identification and any information on his company. Well he was suddenly on the defence. stay tuned when I actually try to contact the other companies that represent Freelotto and actually contact the Government about the company and the collection of passports and other important documents.

Rhonda
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2004 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Lottocom/Den-Haag-Netherlands/Plasmanetfree-Lottocom-ripoff-Den-Haag-The-Netherlands-121821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Lotto.com

Response to Fraudulent E-mail received

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

As stated on our website at http://www.freelotto.com/fraudalert.asp , the sender of that email is not employed by nor affiliated with FreeLotto or any of our associates. This person is illegally and fraudulently using our company name to try to give false credibility to their scam.

Do not send them any money or personal information. They are attempting to defraud you. We have contacted both the U.S and U.K government agencies who are currently investigating this matter at this time.

What A Sad State of Affairs

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (Canada)

As I stated in my earlier statements I planned on getting in re life savings because they were desparate.contact with the companies that were be used as sponsers by freelotto. What I discovered is that they , the companies being Microsoft, Dell, Toshiba, Netscape and Intel. The saddest part of my journey is discovering that the sponsers are being used in this scandal. Of all the companies I was able to talk to only Microsoft and discovered that they realize that these type of scams are popping up constantly and they cannot do anything to the people that are forming these scams, because most of the scams come out of the Netherlands and the laws there protect the nasty filth that are taking advantage of innocent people. And you know what I say "bullshit". Shame on you Microsoft for knowing that these type of scams are taking place. Shame on you for not taking a portion of revenue that we the people put in your pocket, and put some on advertising and educating the people. I wasn't scammed but somewhere out there is someone who needed the money more than you could care about, and they sent the