Complaint Review: Free Snuggie

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Free Snuggie
freesnuggie.com Internet U.S.A.

Freesnuggie.com Free snuggie scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: This report mirrors my experience exactly.

I ordered a snuggie from freesnuggie.com. The first page asked me what color snuggie I would like. The second page asked what other color snuggie I would like, since the offer is to buy one and get one free. By the time I realized that instead of ordering one set of snuggies I ordered two, my order already went through (without so much as a confirmation)

I attempted to call customer service immediately where I was informed that my order will not be in the system and therefore cannot be cancelled for 24 hours. When I called back in less then 24 hours I was informed that my order has already shipped and I could not get back any shipping and handling charges (which amount to $41.80) however they would refund me 19.95 for the purchase of the extra snuggie and this would appear on my credit card bill.

However my credit card was not refunded this amount and instead I had an extra $15.30 added on for the snuggie. This entire transaction ended up costing me 114.46 (including taxes) instead of the 19.95 plus shipping and handling that the website claimed. As of this point the issue has not been resolved (and I am sure it will not be because of the inefficiency of their customer service). Be warned Freesunggie.com has scam written all over it!

Secsubpar
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2009 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Snuggie/internet/Freesnuggiecom-Free-snuggie-scam-Internet-443095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Snuggie

This report mirrors my experience exactly.

AUTHOR: Theresa - (U.S.A.)

My experience with GPM Direct Merchandise/Snuggie was just as described in this report. I had to cancel my credit card to avoid further bogus charges.