Complaint Review: Free Spirit Jeans

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2000

• Reported By:Norman OK
Free Spirit Jeans
P.O. Box 589 Gladwyne, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Free Sprit Jeans, PA, Free Spirit Jeans Free Jeans Giveaway SCAM!!

*0: Free Sprit Jeans, PA, Free Spirit Jeans Free Jeans Giveaway SCAM!!

In January of 2000 I saw an ad on television for a Free Spirit Jeans giveaway. They claimed all you had to do was pay for shipping costs which was $10.50 at that time, now it is $10.95. I decided to check it out on the internet to get more information. I found page after page and link after link to this Free Spirit Jeans giveaway. I thought if so many businesses and individual people were supporting this giveaway, then it must be legitimate. I placed my order for two pairs of jeans on February, 14th 2000. I sent them a check for a total of $21.00, which they promptly cashed. I waited and waited for my jeans. In March I received a little postcard stateing my jeans would be shipped on or about April 2000. I got another postcard in April stateing they would be shipped in May 2000. I did not get my jeans in May (surprise surprise!) and did not get any more postcards. In June I went to their web-site, where they are STILL offering non-existent free jeans, and followed all their little instructions for people still waiting for their free jeans order. Well guess what I got in the mail after that? My Jeans? NO! Another stupid little postcard! They should change the name of their offer to Free Spirit free little postcard giveaway. According to the poatcard I am supposed to get my jeans this month, yeah right. I am so fed up with waiting that I just want my money back so I can go to a store and buy REAL jeans. While trying to find a way to either get my jeans or get my money back I ran across this web-site, which has another Rip Off Report from a Free Spirit Jeans customer. I decided to write my own warning. I am hopeing that if enough people openly complain about the Free Spirit Jeans scam then it will keep others from getting ripped off too. I am planning on e-mailing the Free Spirit Jeans Company and snail-mailing them and calling them over and over until hopefully I will get on their nerves enough that I will either get my jeans or money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Spirit-Jeans/Gladwyne-Pennsylvania-19035/Free-Sprit-Jeans-PA-Free-Spirit-Jeans-Free-Jeans-Giveaway-SCAM-2865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Spirit Jeans

#1 0

Free Sprit Jeans, PA, Free Spirit Jeans Free Jeans Giveaway SCAM!!

AUTHOR: - ()

After many e-mails, attempted phone calls, and over a year in waiting I finally received one pair of the jeans I ordered. The jeans they sent to me are actually a substitution pair. I was informed they had run out of the style I ordered. The substitution jeans, in my opinion, are the most hidious pair of jeans I have ever run across in my entire life. I will not wear these jeans for fear of being laughed at and ridiculed. The pair I ordered for my husband are still somewhere in jean limbo-land. I doubt he will ever receive them. If they are as ugly as the ones I got, then I could care less if he gets them, they will just be cut up into squares and used as sanding pads anyway.