Complaint Review: Free Spirit Jeans

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2003

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Free Spirit Jeans
www.freespiritjeans.com Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Free Spirit Jeans ripoff fraudulent business practices Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Within days of posting my initial report here, I received the free jeans

I responded to their free jeans giveaway in December, 1999 and ordered the free jeans and a t-shirt, paying the requested shipping charges (approx. $17). My credit card was billed in January 2000.

By March of 2000 I receieved a postcard saying the jeans were delayed, but would be there soon. I had received several similar postcards after e-mailing the company regarding my order status.

In August of this year, I sent them my new home address and my new jeans size (I've put on a few pounds in the last 4 years)as they requested on their website to ensure proper delivery. Still no word from them nor any jeans in my mailbox.

I found two interesting bits of information today:

There is a company that is selling my jeans for $5.75 a pair in bulk! Should I go to the flea market this weekend and purchase my jeans again?

http://freespiritjeans.com/company.htm shows a wordy, yet interesting explanation as to why no jeans are being shipped: the company is headed for bankruptcy. The money they used to pay their lawyers to write that BS could've been used a bit more wisely.

Amber
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2003 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Spirit-Jeans/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Free-Spirit-Jeans-ripoff-fraudulent-business-practices-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-68010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Spirit Jeans

Within days of posting my initial report here, I received the free jeans

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

Within days of posting my initial report here, I received the free jeans (shipping charges were paid) I had ordered in December 1999. They looked cheap and were not the quality designer jeans promised. The company failed to include the baby doll tee I had paid for, but did enclose a free (oversized) tee-shirt with the company's name in big letters on the front.

I am through with Free Spirit jeans. I don't want anything else to do with them.