Complaint Review: Free Spirit Jeans

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2004

• Reported By:Pt. Pleasant New Jersey
Free Spirit Jeans
1735 Market Street, Level A Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Free Spirit Jeans ripoff mail fraud credit card fraud deceptive advertising internet scam jeans giveaway scam Philadelphia And Gladwine Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Ripped off by the losers at Free Spirit Jeans, crappy website..broken links

The ripoff artists at Free Spirit Jeans have hit a new low! Just like clockwork I received another postcard in January, 2004. It is similar to the others I have received over the last four years, another excuse for "not shipping" the jeans and shirt that I ordered and paid $17.00 for the shipping and handling.

This time, they are asking that I go to their web site and enter the order number from the front of the post card. As usual, the order number is conveniently cut off of the shipping label on the post card... glad I still have my original order number! They ask for an updated size information, and then I got a return email stating this, "We received your Backorder Request. Your order will arrive in March or April (If your size is in stock)." Yea, right! Four years.. you took my money.. and still no product shipped. They should go to jail for ripping off so many people!!

If this sounds familiar to anyone else's previous requests for shipment or a refund, don't feel alone, we have all heard this before. It is a delaying tactic that all of us heard at one time or another, and I am sure prevented many of us from requesting refunds from our credit card companies while there was still time and we were protected from this kind of fraud.

Today I called the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, and their Philadelphia office is sending me a complaint form. I will file it as soon as it is received. It is amazing to me that Free Spirit Jeans is still in business and the credit card companies are still allowing them to accept their cards. This place is a total scam, and gives internet shopping a bad name.

Tina
Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2004 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Spirit-Jeans/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Free-Spirit-Jeans-ripoff-mail-fraud-credit-card-fraud-deceptive-advertising-internet-scam-77140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Spirit Jeans

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ripped off by the losers at Free Spirit Jeans, crappy website..broken links

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (Belgium)

I was ripped off too By Free spirit junk about 3 years ago..and you want to know what? I will not quit til these losers are out of business..unbelievable!!

I was just at their crappy website..broken links and all..they are just waiting for the chance til advertise the so called free jeans.
They will never get their chance!!cause I and other victims are watching and complaining against them every minute of the friggin day!!
Lets get them boys!!!