Complaint Review: Free Spirit Jeans

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2008

• Reported By:D'Iberville MS
Free Spirit Jeans
Nationwide U.S.A.

Free Spirit Jeans ripoff -Isn't it amazing! ..for almost two years still trying to fill orders

*Author of original report: 7 years later and someone finally got a pair of jeans!

I too, am a victim of Free Spirit Jeans "Special Offer". As I read the other complaints, it's amazing to me that this offer went on for almost two years. How can a company say they are trying to fill orders and continue to advertise the offer? I sent my payment in Decemer 2000. I got the usual runarounds and have long since stopped believing I will ever see the jeans. I have requested a refund, but don't hold out much hope. Honesty doesn't seem to be a major consideration for the Free Spirit Jean Company. What is funny is the generic rebuttal that is on the complaints I read. Why bother? When you just cut and paste a standard rebuttal, it doesn't hold much water!

Bonny
D'Iberville, MS

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Free Spirit Jeans

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Free-Spirit-Jeans/nationwide/Free-Spirit-Jeans-ripoff-Isnt-it-amazing-for-almost-two-years-still-trying-to-fill-or-12387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Free Spirit Jeans

7 years later and someone finally got a pair of jeans!

AUTHOR: Bonny - (U.S.A.)

It's now been 7 years since the original rip-off. Both my friend and I never received anything from the company but broken promises. We recently both received a postcard in the mail asking that we update our sizes and mailing addresses. Neither of us were very nice when we contacted them. The website the card sends you to is typical of Free Spirit, it makes the process of updating nearly impossible. You have to fax in stuff or send it registered mail. I emailed and complained... again. I was not about to spend more money to get something I never expected to receive. But to my surprise, several weeks later, a pair of jeans arrived in the mail at my friend's house. It gets better though. Inside is a rather useless gift certificate from a well known satellite company for a free satellite dish, and it has an expiration date of December 2006! It was suppose to be a consolation gift for having to wait so long. I'm still waiting to see if I get the jeans, but I now know for a fact that at least one person has received the promised pair of jeans. I still won't ever have anything else to do with this company.