Complaint Review: FreeCreditReport.com, CIC CE FREE CREDIT REPORT

• Updated: Sun, August 12, 2007

• Reported By:Summerville South Carolina
FreeCreditReport.com, CIC CE FREE CREDIT REPORT
FreeCreditReport.com Internet U.S.A.

FreeCreditReport.com, CIC CE FREE CREDIT REPORT I WAS CHARGED 25.90, DID NOT HAVE PERMISSION AND MY BANK WILL NOT DO A THING ABOUT IT. NOTHING IS FREE! FREE CREDIT REPORT MY A!!!! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Free Credit Report

*Consumer Suggestion: Try this link next time.... annualcreditreport.com ..NOT a ripoff

*Author of original report: And It's Not My Fault!

*Consumer Comment: It's not the banks fault.

*Consumer Comment: Free Credit Report

To start off, I checked my bank account and found a charge of 25.90 in check card holds that read CIC CE FREE CREDIT REPORT.

I then called my bank and inquired, but got nowhere. The guy told me there was nothing that he could do. He said, "what do you expect me to do, take the money back from that company and just give it back to you." Well I then said,"Yes, its my money and they had no permission to go into my account and take the money out." So he stated again nothing that the bank would do for me, and that I should contact the company that took the money.

I then googled the company, and found all of the claims and reports on numerous websites that this supposed company or freecreditreport.com is nothing more than a scam. There was no company address for me to mail or email them with my concern nor was there a phone number so as to speak to someone about this to correct the problem. Something seems a litte fishy if you ask me.

I went ahead and checked my records in my bank account and found that this company had charged me an amount of 1 dollar weeks before they took out the 25.90. But one day after they took the 1 dollar it had disappeared and reentered into my bank account. Why would they do that, you ask. So as to see if my account was still active.

Now they knew that my account was active and was going to take out more money but this time having no intent of refunding it back to me.

I let the bank know about this. They set me up with a fraud department, and gave me a case number and said that within 48 hours they would have checked the validity of the case, which means check into the background of the company, try to contact them and let me know what the status is, and then that would depend upon if I received a credit of the 25.90 or not.

I told them what I had read on ripoff report.com and that if they needed info then I would happy to fax them this information on the thousands of reports about this company. They said that they will take that information, but I also told them that if I do not receive a credit when this was a fraudulent charge and the company had no authorization to draft from my account then I will make my bank's day a living hell!!

Not only will I keep trying to get a refund of that money, I will either A.) have my account number changed, and a new debit card changed and sent to me! or B.) I will have to take my money to another bank where they will appreciate me.

I will not stand back and take this. If I have to, I will try to get a case, not sure if I have much of one, but I can find out. And if anyone has any information they'd like to share with me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please help me, unsure of what to do next. Thanks!

Michael
Summerville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2007 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreeCreditReportcom-CIC-CE-FREE-CREDIT-REPORT/internet/FreeCreditReportcom-CIC-CE-FREE-CREDIT-REPORT-I-WAS-CHARGED-2590-DID-NOT-HAVE-PERMISSI-266443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreeCreditReport.com, CIC CE FREE CREDIT REPORT

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Free Credit Report

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Go to ANNUALCREDITREPORT.COM. It is a FREE credit report. HOWEVER, if you want to see your credit score or other products, there is a charge. I just got my credit report (not my credit score) from Experian. I'll to the other two at four month intervals. This way, I can catch most changes in a reasonable amount of time and not wait a full year for the next free report.

When I listen to the commercials, at the very end the do say "Free credit report requires enrollment in Tripple Advantage." They don't tell you what 'Triple Advantage" is or what the enrolment cost is in the commercial. Now you know after you enroll. This is more like deceptive or misleading advertising.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Try this link next time.... annualcreditreport.com ..NOT a ripoff

AUTHOR: Reality Check - (U.S.A.)

If you want a truly FREE credit report, visit annualcreditreport.com. This is the site where consumers can obtain their free credit report with no strings, as required by federal law.

Hope this helps

And It's Not My Fault!

AUTHOR: Trifold6000 - (U.S.A.)

The last time that I checked my credit was the very first time I had ever done it, which was over a year ago.

So to respond to your consumer comment, you say that I should have checked what I was getting into, correct, i should have but I thought it was legit.

Then you remark how I should have payed attention to the monthly membership. This obviously is not a monthly membership if this is a one time charge of 25.90 in a one year span almost.

And if you read the fine print, it says a monthly membership will only be charged of 12.95 if you sign up to check your credit score. Because with freecreditreport.com, you can only receive your credit information, not your credit score unless you sign up for the credit score.

And now my bank has closed my account for my protection, they are monitoring all transactions, and sending me paperwork so as to dispute this fraudulent charge. And I dont care what you say, I didn't authorize, so they will not have my money.

So thanks for the info, and right back at ya!

It's not the banks fault.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The customer should have had the common sense to realize that when asked for his bank account information that something was not going to be free.

Having gotten his credit report through their website he authorized the monthly subscription. As far the bank is concerned, the charge will be legitamate. Don't hold your breath waited for the bank to credit it to your account. Ain't gonna happen.

He has to contact the company and cancel his subscription and see if they will refund the original charge. Again, probably ain't gonna happen.

Free Credit Report

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

You are right in stating that it is not free. You have to enroll in triple-advantage to get the so-called "free" report. The stipulation is mentioned in their TV ads but it's read at supersonic speed. It is written as well but it's in microscopic print. So it is easy to miss but it's there nonetheless. Didn't you think it was weird that if it were free that you had to give out your credit card number?

You bank sounds like a bunch of douche bags if they won't help you.