Complaint Review: FreeCreditReport.com

• Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: Shannon — Arnold Missouri
PO Box 19729 Irvine, California United States of America

FreeCreditReport.com CIC deceitful & deceptive scam Irvine, California

I signed up for a seven day free trial period to get a copy of my credit report.  The next day I signed into the site to review and print my report.  About an hour later while looking at my bank account I noticed that there is a charge from them for $32.95.  I called and they said that I had clicked on something to get a 3 bureau report.  I informed them at no time did I ever see anything that said I was going to be charged that amount nor did I want the 3 bureau report and I thought that I was reviewing the report that was included in the trial.  They offered to refund only $10.00 but I informed them that I believed that they were deceiving on their website.  I only signed up for and authorized them to charge my card if I chose to stay on beyond the seven days for $14.95/mo.  At no point in time when I went to review my report did I see anything that said if you click on this you will be charged an additional $32.95 and I think it is wrong that a company can charge your card outside the scope of the trial without verifying that you know what your clicking on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreeCreditReportcom/Irvine-California-92623/FreeCreditReportcom-CIC-deceitful-deceptive-scam-Irvine-California-1038763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreeCreditReport.com