Complaint Review: FreeCreditReport.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 29, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: Allison — Los Angeles California U.S.A.
FreeCreditReport.com
PO Box 19729 Irvine, California United States of America

FreeCreditReport.com Consumer Info, Irvine CA FreeCreditReport.com isnt Free. They Raped my Checking Account! Irvine, California

Alright, so we've all seen the commercials with the singing guys who had bad credit.  Cute!  Well, their credit must be perfect now that the company they sing about has ripped off over 10,000 hard working people!

I went to the website because the web address states that it is free.  I know, nothing is free in this world, so I was expecting a catch.  Well, I thought the catch was written right on the website when it advertises $1.00 for a 7-day trial period.  That seemed reasonable.

Well, Aparently, the catch is a bit bigger.  If you click on the report, it bills your credit card an additional $29.00.

As soon as I noticed the magical disappearance of my hard earned money, I called the Customer Care number on the website.  The guy I spoke to had a very thick accent and informed me that I clicked somewhere and agreed to be charged for some monthly service.  While the guy was talking, I began searching the website in detail trying to find this mysterious spot where the service charge of $29.00 was found.  All I saw was a section that discribes a small fee, which was alluded to be the $1.00.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was denied.

So, my husband called back.  We spent almost 10 minutes attempting to get our money back.  No luck.  Finally, I notice that they are local, with a PO Box listed in Irvine, which is less than an hour away from us.  So, We call back to get the address and the woman whom answered would not give the address.  We ended up just cancelling the account.

Sooooo, I get this email to my inbox "sorry to see you go....blah blah blah...signed Mr. Douglas Sash, Vice President of Customer Care"  Hmmmm...

At this point, I am angry because I have been scammed.  So, I start my full blown mission to get my money back and stumble upon some really interesting stuff, and so I shall share with you now...It also helps that I work for a law firm and have all kinds of access to all kinds of nifty stuff.  Most of the information I found on my own just out of anger.  If I dont get my money back by the close of business Monday May 2nd, 2011, I am filing a Class Action Law Suit with the information I have found with the affiliated people I have found named in the suit.  Do enjoy!

1.  FreeCreditReport.com is ALSO called "Consumer Info," based in Irvine California
2.  The address is: 18500 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine CA 92612
3.  The Vice President of Customer Care, Mr. Douglas Sash is bold enough to have a Facebook account, with a TON of employees as friends.  I have saved all of their info just incase they try and hide it after the fact.
4.  I was also able to find another address through a website used by the attorneys.  I'll keep that one private because it wouldnt be fair to post such information.

I have also placed a complait with the BBB and am currently filing a formal letter/complaint with the Attorney General's Office.

We shall see if I get my money back before I have to take the leap to file a Class Action Suit.  I'm sure some of those over 10,000 people ripped off by them would love to join in...

So, Mr. Douglas Sash, just give me back my money and save us both the trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreeCreditReportcom/Irvine-California-92623/FreeCreditReportcom-Consumer-Info-Irvine-CA-FreeCreditReportcom-isnt-Free-They-Raped-723806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreeCreditReport.com