Complaint Review: FreeCreditReport.com

• Updated: Sat, June 23, 2012

• Reported By: ymsf12 — San Francisco California United States of America
FreeCreditReport.com

FreeCreditReport.com Ripoff Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: why did u use

*Consumer Comment: At the top of ROR is a block marked "Latest Reports"...

*Author of original report: You replied without 2 hrs of my original post, you must be one of them!

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's an excerpt from their Terms and Conditions link at the bottom of the ordering page...

I know before I signed up with FreeCreditReport.com that I need to call back and cancel some trial membership otherwise I get billed for $16.95 every month. So I did that.

I did NOT know that they are not charging $1 for viewing your credit score but $31.95! When I called they said that's because I viewed reports for all three bureaus. How am I suppose to know that? You did not say it anywhere on your website that if I click on a button I will be charged $30!! I paid $1, you led me to this page. Should I assume that I paid to see this page? Now if I start clicking buttons on this page I will be charged $30.  This is just not right!!

I ended up calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Go to hell FreeCreditReport.com!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreeCreditReportcom/internet/FreeCreditReportcom-Ripoff-Internet-Internet-854314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreeCreditReport.com

why did u use

AUTHOR: GeorgeV - (USA)

why did you use free credit report? especially if it wasnt free, annualcreditreport.com IS free and government regulations allows you to get it every year by law.

At the top of ROR is a block marked "Latest Reports"...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

That's where us corporate shills find you posters right after you post.  I must be slipping, I usually post within minutes.  My employers expect it.

And yes, I DID read AND comprehend your report and filed a pertinent rebuttal.

Note that their terms say you get ONE report during this period.  Got it, ONE report.  O-o-o-p-s.

You screwed up and are failing to own up to your own error.

You, outing me as an employee of Free Credit Report .com now makes 31 companies I've been discovered working for.  How will I ever get my shill payments if you perceptive posters keep catching me at it?

"You replied without 2 hrs of my original post, you must be one of them!
AUTHOR: ymsf12 - (United States of America)
SUBMITTED: Thursday, March 15, 2012POSTED: Thursday, March 15, 2012
Did freecreditreport.com hire you just for looking around on the internet and replying to negative comments about them? If not, how come I submitted my ripoff report two hours ago and as soon as it's available on the web you replied?

You did not however, READ my post!!! I find it amusing that what you said is not relevant to my post.

Ooops!"

You replied without 2 hrs of my original post, you must be one of them!

AUTHOR: ymsf12 - (United States of America)

Ooops!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Credit Monitoring Membership With Free Trial (Applicable to Single-Bureau Monitoring): You will be asked for valid credit card information when you sign up for the free credit monitoring trial. CIC will verify your credit card information before processing your order. An authorization in the amount of one dollar will be performed on your credit card to make sure it is valid and in good standing and the one dollar authorization amount may count against your credit or debit limit. Additionally, your credit card will be charged a non-refundable $1 fee, plus any applicable sales tax, for your Credit Report. However, CIC will not bill you the monthly membership price of $16.95 until the free trial period has ended. If you do not cancel your free trial membership within 7 days of the date you place your order, your membership will continue automatically and the monthly/annual fee will be billed to the credit card or other billing source provided by you when you enrolled in credit monitoring, on the first day of each successive membership term. The credit monitoring benefit may only be available for 5 days during your trial period; however, other product features and benefits will be available to you during your entire trial period. If you purchase additional credit reports and/or scores during your trial period, they will be billed to the credit or debit card provided to us during enrollment. In the event that you purchase additional products from CIC using a different credit or debit card, or if you update your payment information with CIC, CIC will charge the latest card provided by you. Please note, if you have ever been a member and received a free trial, CIC may refuse to give you another free trial offer. Returning members will be billed the membership fee immediately upon renewal. During your trial period, you are eligible for one report and/or score as dictated by your specific membership terms.

O-o-o-p-s!  Should have read that.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC