Complaint Review: FreeCreditReport.com

• Submitted: Thu, August 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: Mrtwo — Owasso Oklahoma United States of America
FreeCreditReport.com

FreeCreditReport.com Signed on to get my "Free" credit report and without notice I'm being charged for a service I didn't agree to Internet

*General Comment: Glad I saw this!

*Consumer Suggestion: I went to their website and found this on the home page....

FreeCreditReport.com - There is nothing free about the place.

Signed on to get a free credit report and it took them no time to start hitting my credit card for sevices I didn;t sign up for.

Huge RIPOFF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreeCreditReportcom/internet/FreeCreditReportcom-Signed-on-to-get-my-Free-credit-report-and-without-notice-Im-bein-928417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreeCreditReport.com

#1 General Comment

Glad I saw this!

AUTHOR: Niecy99 - (United States of America)

I'm glad I saw this post. I almost pushed that button to sign up. This is why it is important to read the fine print. I too noticed that it was a membership. It can seem a bit misleading when it says Free. 1 dollar for processing is not much, but it's also not free. They will not give you notice before charging your account the regular fee because that was one of the conditions mentioned already before sign up. It would not be a good business practice to remind prospects to cancel. However, If you called to cancel within the trail period and they still charged you, then you've got a good case. I hope you were able to get your money back. In some cases companies are kind enough to do that for first timers who really didn't know or understand the conditions.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I went to their website and found this on the home page....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

*The credit monitoring benefit may only be available for 5 days during your trial period since enrollment can take up to 2 days. You may cancel your trial membership any time during your first 7 days without charge.
Kind of looks like you DID agree to it.

Nope, I DON'T work for them, I just know how to read and comprehend.