Complaint Review: .FreePhoneTracer.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 21, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012

• Reported By: Jay — Connecticut United States of America
P.O. Box 391146 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

FreePhoneTracer.com Free Phone Tracer Wrong infomration given yet they still want to charge you Omaha, Nebraska

I used this service for a one time look up of a cell number.  I had an idea of where the owner of the number was located and other search providers turned up the correct data with the complete and correct address.

I contacted customer service since the company does not have a phone number to call.  I stated that the data they provided is wrong as they provided a name in Meriden, CT yet the Verizon cell owner was in Norwalk, CT.  That's about an hour away from each other.  I even provided the CORRECT information to the company so they could verify this if they wanted to.

Their response was and I quote from their email. "The information provided on your report was the result of an extensive search compiled from several different public data sources, which was based on the information that you provided in the search criteria. The information is accurate and complete to the best of our knowledge.

The original full report you ordered was retrieved successfully. Because we delivered the information, this does not qualify for our "No Availability" guarantee policy.  For specific language on our guarantee please refer to the website terms and conditions:"
Note that they use PUBLICrecords, what you pay for according to them is a cell record which they have to buy the database and not available to the PUBLIC since you have to buy that information from the cell companies.  Anyone can look up PUBLIC information I do that for a living.

I sent a scathing email back that what they are involved in is a SCAM and that by proving wrong information is not what I paid for.  I contacted my credit card company and stated that I will NOT be paying as I told Free Phone Tracer all too clearly.

AVOID this company they use outdated old lists if any paid for list at all, which are not accurate then hide behind the fact that they gave you some data albeit wrong and want their money, good luck getting it from me I'll go to court before I pay them.  $9.99 isnt the end of the world for me but if they do this 100 times a day then that starts to add up...I should have thought of this scam but I couldnt live with myself knowing I stole from people.  Stay away...far far away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreePhoneTracercom/Omaha-Nebraska-68139/FreePhoneTracercom-Free-Phone-Tracer-Wrong-infomration-given-yet-they-still-want-to-char-915476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on .FreePhoneTracer.com