Complaint Review: Freebooks1.com

• Updated: Thu, June 13, 2013

• Reported By: susan — Plantation Florida
Internet USA

Freebooks1.com Scamming liars. STAY AWAY  Internet

As a grad student with limited funds, I was looking for a copy of a text to download. I found it in pdf, which is how  texts like these ( usually public domain) are offered free online.

I clicked to download, then after,hey never told me there would be a password.

Because I was desparate to get this text, I agreed to fill out a "short survey" that would take "seconds" then I would be given the password. I thought I would give them something ( my shoppinr preferences) in exchange for something -- a pdf dowload of a text. Twenty-five minutes later, seething, (because you always click to the next page, thinking it will be the last) I reached a screen where I had to choose two offers before I could finish. When I clicked "continue" to skip I was taken to a page where my only option was to choose FOUR offers.

Totally frustrated at this point, I went to email them. Wrote out a decent email, then clicked send.....THEY DO NOT HAVE EMAIL SET UP, probably so all of their pissed off users won't be able to contact them.

The worst thing is that they have my email address now and my inbox will probably be flooded with offers.

I consider this theft of my time. I agreed to do something in order to receive something. I did my share.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freebooks1com/internet/Freebooks1com-Scamming-liars-STAY-AWAYnbsp-Internet-1058978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freebooks1.com